London Banter

-   -   WALKING through the Rotherhithe Road Tunnel (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17643-walking-through-rotherhithe-road-tunnel.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] April 28th 19 09:11 PM

WALKING through the Rotherhithe Road Tunnel

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Low - 1999 - Secret Name

Recliner[_3_] April 28th 19 09:35 PM

Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

Whew!

Robin[_6_] April 28th 19 09:58 PM

On 28/04/2019 22:11, Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

My recollection is that the footway through the Blackwall Tunnel was
narrower than Rotherhithe (and with sharper bends more fun with passing
buses and lorries). But that is from nigh on 60 years ago when one
mainly breathed good healthy petrol fumes with, err, lead.

--
Robin

Marland April 28th 19 11:43 PM

Robin wrote:
On 28/04/2019 22:11, Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

My recollection is that the footway through the Blackwall Tunnel was
narrower than Rotherhithe (and with sharper bends more fun with passing
buses and lorries).

I believe buses that ran through regularly had reinforced tyres that coped
better with hitting the kerbs.

GH

Ian Clifton April 29th 19 10:32 AM

Recliner writes:

Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

Whew!

Actually, doing this is on my bucket list. It must be London’s worst
“tourist experience” (unless, that is, anyone knows better).
--
Ian ◎

Basil Jet[_4_] April 29th 19 11:06 AM

On 29/04/2019 11:32, Ian Clifton wrote:
Recliner writes:

Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

Whew!

Actually, doing this is on my bucket list. It must be London’s worst
“tourist experience” (unless, that is, anyone knows better).

Madame Tussauds

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Grizzly Bear - 2007 - Friend

David Walters April 29th 19 11:08 AM

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 22:11:28 +0100, Basil Jet wrote:
I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

I cycled through once. Wouldn't recommend it.

Someone Somewhere April 29th 19 11:14 AM

Recliner writes:

Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

Whew!

Actually, doing this is on my bucket list. It must be London’s worst
“tourist experience” (unless, that is, anyone knows better).

I'd put it at the end of the list, just in case...

Mike Bristow April 29th 19 11:19 AM

WALKING through the Rotherhithe Road Tunnel

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

Whew!

I've run through it; while I'd happily recommend doing it once, I
woudn't recomend doing it twice.

--
Mike Bristow

Graham Harrison[_4_] April 29th 19 01:38 PM

WALKING through the Rotherhithe Road Tunnel

On 28 Apr 2019 23:43:11 GMT, Marland
wrote:

Robin wrote:
On 28/04/2019 22:11, Basil Jet wrote:

I always shut car windows going through there, I can't imagine walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdJoffQJdo

My recollection is that the footway through the Blackwall Tunnel was
narrower than Rotherhithe (and with sharper bends more fun with passing
buses and lorries).

I believe buses that ran through regularly had reinforced tyres that coped
better with hitting the kerbs.

GH

https://www.londonbuses.co.uk/_route...awn/082-1.html agrees with
you.