Old June 18th 19, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Latest Heathrow master plan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

Old June 18th 19, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

well I don't know about the rest,

but I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no business
at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of disruption whilst they
rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport entirely unreasonable

tim

Old June 18th 19, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/06/2019 09:52, Recliner wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

Just had the notice through the letter box.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old June 18th 19, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/06/2019 10:57, tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

well I don't know about the rest,

but I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no
business at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of
disruption whilst they rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport
entirely unreasonable

Highly unlikely ever to happen.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old June 18th 19, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:52:25 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Recliner remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

"It proposes a staggered approach with the new runway to be built in the
first phase by 2026, with the rest of the airport infrastructure -
including new terminals and access - to be complete by around 2050".

24 years of overcrowding hell. Although we all know that phase 2 will
never happen.

"the plan also outlines a new low-emission zone for the airport, meaning
additional charges for those who drive a more polluting vehicle to the
airport"

Which is a bit cheeky if they aren't even claiming to be implementing
additional public transport to the airport for decades. The car parking
charges (even for a quick pickup) are already high enough to dissuade
anyone who doesn't absolutely have to drive (or is so rich the cost is
irrelevant).

Old June 18th 19, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
On 18/06/2019 10:57, tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

well I don't know about the rest,

but I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no
business at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of disruption
whilst they rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport entirely
unreasonable

Highly unlikely ever to happen.

I'm glad you agree with me

:-)

tim

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old June 18th 19, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:44:39 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Graeme Wall remarked:

I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no
business at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of
disruption whilst they rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport
entirely unreasonable

Highly unlikely ever to happen.

Boris did promise to lay down in front of the bulldozer, after all.
Old June 18th 19, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 12:37:40 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 11:44:39 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Graeme Wall remarked:

I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no
business at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of
disruption whilst they rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport
entirely unreasonable

Highly unlikely ever to happen.

Boris did promise to lay down in front of the bulldozer, after all.

True to form, I gather he's backed down from that commitment.
Old June 18th 19, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/06/2019 12:37, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:44:39 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Graeme Wall remarked:

I for one think that the idea that people who have little or no
business at the airport are going to have to suffer 5 years of
disruption whilst they rebuild the M25 to create this Hub airport
entirely unreasonable

Highly unlikely ever to happen.

Boris did promise to lay down in front of the bulldozer, after all.

Promises promises!

Is that when he expects to be kidnapped by an alien spaceship?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old June 18th 19, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18/06/2019 12:21, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:52:25 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Recliner remarked:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

"It proposes a staggered approach with the new runway to be built in the
first phase by 2026, with the rest of the airport infrastructure -
including new terminals and access - to be complete by around 2050".

24 years of overcrowding hell. Although we all know that phase 2 will
never happen.

"the plan also outlines a new low-emission zone for the airport, meaning
additional charges for those who drive a more polluting vehicle to the
airport"

Does that include Airbuses and Boeings?

--
Graeme Wall