London Banter

-   -   Boris's bus related jinxes continue (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17689-boriss-bus-related-jinxes-continue.html)

Roland Perry October 11th 19 10:40 AM

Boris's bus related jinxes continue

In message , at 10:28:24 on Fri, 11 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:
Looks like the rescue deal might have been bulldozed into the ditch:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...rds-as-rescue-
talks-collapse-cxrzxw2zk?shareToken=6a2b5480bfd679d5c08b9168bcad8 f38

Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Recliner[_4_] October 11th 19 11:18 AM

Boris's bus related jinxes continue

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 11:40:30 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 10:28:24 on Fri, 11 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:
Looks like the rescue deal might have been bulldozed into the ditch:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...rds-as-rescue-
talks-collapse-cxrzxw2zk?shareToken=6a2b5480bfd679d5c08b9168bcad8 f38

Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Yes, that seems to be more up to date, and better news.

I wonder if the plan is to keep building buses, or to make JCB's usual
diggers, bulldozers, etc? Or, perhaps both. as there doesn't seem to
be enough demand for buses to keep the factory open.

Recliner[_4_] October 13th 19 03:48 PM

wrote:

In message , at 10:28:24 on Fri, 11 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:
Looks like the rescue deal might have been bulldozed into the ditch:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...rds-as-rescue-
talks-collapse-cxrzxw2zk?shareToken=6a2b5480bfd679d5c08b9168bcad8 f38

Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Yes, that seems to be more up to date, and better news.

I wonder if the plan is to keep building buses, or to make JCB's usual
diggers, bulldozers, etc? Or, perhaps both. as there doesn't seem to
be enough demand for buses to keep the factory open.

It looks like this is actually nothing to do with JCB. It seems that
Wightbus will become the BBC, with a focus on hydrogen buses:

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2019/10/12/news/as-jcb-heir-s-son-takes-wrightbus-reins-how-many-jobs-can-be-saved--1736870/

Roland Perry October 13th 19 05:32 PM

Boris's bus related jinxes continue

In message , at 15:48:21 on Sun, 13 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:
Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Yes, that seems to be more up to date, and better news.

I wonder if the plan is to keep building buses, or to make JCB's usual
diggers, bulldozers, etc? Or, perhaps both. as there doesn't seem to
be enough demand for buses to keep the factory open.

It looks like this is actually nothing to do with JCB. It seems that
Wightbus will become the BBC, with a focus on hydrogen buses:

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2019/10/12/news/as-jcb-heir-s-son-takes-wrightbus-reins-how-many-jobs-can-be-saved--1736870/

And no necessarily employing even most of the former employees.

But they do seem to have grabbed some adjacent farmland, whatever that
means to them.

[email protected] October 13th 19 06:03 PM

Boris's bus related jinxes continue

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 15:48:21 -0000 (UTC)
Billy No Mates Always On His Own Billy No Mates Always On His Own.usenet@gmail.

wrote:

In message , at 10:28:24 on Fri, 11 Oct
2019, Billy No Mates Always On His Own Billy No Mates Always On His Own.use

remarked:
Looks like the rescue deal might have been bulldozed into the ditch:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...rds-as-rescue-
talks-collapse-cxrzxw2zk?shareToken=6a2b5480bfd679d5c08b9168bcad8 f38

Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Yes, that seems to be more up to date, and better news.

I wonder if the plan is to keep building buses, or to make JCB's usual
diggers, bulldozers, etc? Or, perhaps both. as there doesn't seem to
be enough demand for buses to keep the factory open.

It looks like this is actually nothing to do with JCB. It seems that
Wightbus will become the BBC, with a focus on hydrogen buses:

If they become the BBC half or more of the staff will have to go as they
won't meet gender and ethnic quotas! And they'll have to start reading
The Guardian during lunchtime. No more football or rugby chat, it'll be
30 mins of handwringing about the plight of the roma goatherders in
Godknowswhereistan.

Recliner[_4_] October 13th 19 07:52 PM

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:48:21 on Sun, 13 Oct
2019, Recliner remarked:
Alternatively:

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-10...principle-for-
wrightbus/

Yes, that seems to be more up to date, and better news.

I wonder if the plan is to keep building buses, or to make JCB's usual
diggers, bulldozers, etc? Or, perhaps both. as there doesn't seem to
be enough demand for buses to keep the factory open.

It looks like this is actually nothing to do with JCB. It seems that
Wightbus will become the BBC, with a focus on hydrogen buses:

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2019/10/12/news/as-jcb-heir-s-son-takes-wrightbus-reins-how-many-jobs-can-be-saved--1736870/

And no necessarily employing even most of the former employees.

Almost certainly not, as the factory was apparently over-manned. The former
owner was a religious Protestant, while the new one is Catholic, so that
might alter the employee profile.

But they do seem to have grabbed some adjacent farmland, whatever that
means to them.

It's not clear what the farmland is to be used for, as it's been donated by
Wright to Mid and East Antrim council, not to Bamford. As it's not part of
the factory, I wonder why the ownership needed to change? Perhaps it's
needed for access, or as a bus park?

[email protected] October 16th 19 07:06 PM

Boris's bus related jinxes continue

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 19:47:34 -0000 (UTC)

wrote:

[...]

No, definately the Wright BBC.

Recliner[_4_] November 23rd 19 11:16 AM

Recliner wrote:
[...]