London Banter

-   -   16-year old murdered in East Croydon station during rush hour (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17738-16-year-old-murdered-east.html)

Recliner[_4_] January 28th 20 11:15 AM

16-year old murdered in East Croydon station during rush hour

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/east-croydon-stabbing-victim-named-17642230

The boy killed in a "machete attack" at East Croydon station has been
named by police as Louis Johnson.

The 16-year-old victim was attacked inside the busy station during
rush hour on Monday afternoon (January 27).

British Transport Police confirmed his name and age on Tuesday morning
(January 28) as officers continue their murder investigation.

Police were first called to the station at 4.45pm and attended
alongside the Metropolitan Police, London Ambulance Service and
London’s Air Ambulance.

Enquiries made by the investigating team overnight have confirmed that
Louis entered East Croydon station via the Ruskin Square ticket
barrier at 4.30pm.

While he was on the overbridge inside the station, Louis met the
suspect, who immediately pulled out a knife and stabbed him.

Louis died at the scene a short while later. A post mortem examination
will take place in the coming days.

Police have informed Louis' family of his death and they’re being
supported by specially trained family liaison officers.

No arrests have been made in connection with the train station
killing.

There will be increased patrols by transport police in the East
Croydon area to reassure the public.

Detective Chief Inspector Sam Blackburn, who is leading the BTP
investigation, said: “This was a senseless killing at an extremely
busy time of the day, and my thoughts are with Louis’s family at this
painfully difficult time.

“For such a young teenager to lose his life in these circumstances is
truly devastating, and I would like to reassure everyone that a
thorough investigation is well underway.

“With that in mind, we continue to appeal for anyone with information
to get in touch as a matter of urgency. The incident was over within a
matter of 40 seconds, but I know many other passengers or members of
the public would have seen what happened. If you have not already
spoken with police, please get in touch.