London Banter

-   -   LCY to close till end of April (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17757-lcy-close-till-end-april.html)

Recliner[_4_] March 25th 20 11:19 PM

LCY to close till end of April

https://www.flightglobal.com/networks/london-city-airport-to-close-until-end-of-april/137532.article

The operator of the downtown London airport says the move to temporarily
suspend all commercial and private flights from the airport comes after the
UK Government’s latest instructions in response to the coronavirus
outbreak.

”This will begin in the evening on Wednesday 25 March and is expected to
last until the end of April. We will keep this under review,” the airport
says.

”At this point in this fast-moving and unprecedented situation, we think
this is the responsible thing to do for the safety and well-being of our
staff, passengers and everyone associated with the airport.”

Cirium schedules data shows there are scheduled to be 10 airlines operating
out of London City airport, the biggest of which is British Airways. UK
regional carrier Flybe had been the second biggest operator at London City,
prior to its collapse in February.