Old May 11th 20, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Nice empty tube

In message , at 14:29:19 on
Mon, 11 May 2020, Recliner remarked:
On Mon, 11 May 2020 08:32:48 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Sat, 9 May 2020 22:20:23 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 9 May 2020 17:16:40 +0100

"michael adams" wrote:

Thanks. Although with everything closed, presumably, it would probably
be quite frustrating walking around with nowhere to go except maybe
the odd supermarket. Maybe Sainsburys on TCR or Tesco in Googe St
frinstance.

I was taking pictures of the lockdown plus having an nice walk through the
backstreets of the west end and mayfair.

What *would* be useful at any time, would be the ability to take
pictures of streets, buildings, etc. without the intrusive presence
of parked cars everywhere. Along with too much street furniture, about
which nothing can be done of course. Traffic (and pedestrians) can be
largely avoided by starting at 5.a.m. in summer time; although that
then presents the problem of having all the trees in full leaf.

I'd be very surprised if a number of film companies haven't sent some
cameramen out to surreptitiously take some stock footage videos of the empty
streets for future films.

Yes, very likely. And if any already had sci-fi film or TV projects
that could use some clean London backdrops underway, this will have
been a golden opportunity.

And quite legal because it's not work you can do from home, nor is it in
a prohibited business category.

I presume that CGI could be used to later splice in the actors and
film-related stuff, so the empty streets won't necessarily be empty in
the completed film. It could have futuristic self-driving EVs humming
through the streets, without the need to erase 2020's parked cars,
buses, taxis, etc.

Back in the day they could still do a reasonable job. Think of the
triple-decker bus running round London in Harry Potter.

It's at the studios near Watford now.

Old May 11th 20, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 11 May 2020 14:37:17 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 11 May 2020 11:11:23 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2020 08:34:40 +0100
are there any voices suggesting that, starting from where we are, there
is
any workable alternative to three more weeks (with slight tinkering
perhaps)?

Of course there is -

then you'll have a cite for that

wont you

Do you

need a

citation if someone

tells you how to put

on you

underpants?

so you don't have ne then

Why would I need a citation to be able to say the government could stop this
lockdown tommorow? Do you think they don't have that power?

The unions can go do one.

really

Yes really.

The government passed this emergency legislation
in days, they could pass legislation that would bang up any union reps and
close down their unions if they strike about going back to work.

I think you might find that the dreaded Human Rights bill forbids such
nonsense

I think the Humans Rights Act also says something about not keeping the
population under effectiove house arrest, but oddly emergency laws can
overrule any current legislation.

The result will be teachers not turning up for work and trains not running
because rail staff wont have turned up

Then sack them. If they're not going to work anyway they won't be missed.

well in part I agree

but they aren't going to be replaced in days, are they

No, but if they're not willing to work what does it matter anyway.

Common sense.

Its not something

you're blessed with

is it?

says Mr Pot

Time for you to go make a nice cup of tea Mr Kettle and have a think.

Old May 11th 20, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...
In message , at 10:04:15 on Mon, 11 May 2020, Recliner
remarked:

She has to commute to work anyway, and this is probably the safest,
healthiest way to do so right now.

Possibly, depending how healthy one views running as. Personally I don't think
the risks to the knees are worth it hence I cycle instead.

She runs marathons and ultra-marathons, so this is just part of her
training regime. Six miles is probably not much more than a warm-up for
her, so she might be deliberately finding longer, interesting routes.

Even more the case that this isn't much of a commuting method that the general public
can aspire to.

My my ! She really *does* seem to have got up someones nose, doesn't she ?

As to where she lives, quite possibly misleading messages are now the
norm, for female TV personalities among others, who wish to frustrate
stalkers, over-enthusistic well wishers, or just the star-struck .

As quite honestly, her address is no more anyone's business, than is the
address of the doorman or the receptionist at the BBC.

Oh and yes in such circumstances, what with stalkers etc maybe its not the
best idea to publicise her jogging around deserted streets on her own.
Even if this does amount to blaming the victim.
But then maybe as with David Cameraons bike rides, in this instance
she's maybe not actually on her own. Even allowing for plenty of changes
of clothes at the office, I'd imagine most people would *probably* need
to take more into work with them than just what they could carry in
their hands. So maybe someone on a bike following behind ?

Which isn't in any way a reflection on Sophie Rawaorth's honesty, just a
practical observation.

michael adams

Old May 11th 20, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11/05/2020 14:38, tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 May 2020 08:32:48 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Sat, 9 May 2020 22:20:23 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 9 May 2020 17:16:40 +0100

"michael adams" wrote:

[...]

standard blue screen will work

Green screen these days.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 11th 20, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message ...

I'd be very surprised if a number of film companies haven't sent some
cameramen out to surreptitiously take some stock footage videos of the empty
streets for future films.

Well yes. Although as I suggested earlier, you can already do that
at 5.a.m. in the morning, in both London and elsewhere. As when filming
"Lewis", "Endeavour" and similar in Oxford. The only real giveaway
being the long shadows.

michael adams

Old May 11th 20, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2020 08:34:40 +0100
are there any voices suggesting that, starting from where we are,
there
is
any workable alternative to three more weeks (with slight tinkering
perhaps)?

Of course there is -

then you'll have a cite for that

wont you

Do you

need a

citation if someone

tells you how to put

on you

underpants?

so you don't have ne then

Why would I need a citation to be able to say the government could stop
this
lockdown tommorow? Do you think they don't have that power?

the question, from three replies ago was:

where is the mainstream opinion that that is the right thing for HMG to do

Given up arguing with an idiot now

tim

Old May 11th 20, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

michael adams wrote:

[...]

I'm reasonably certain that on-screen presenters don't commute in their
smart on-screen outfits, however they commute. Of course, she probably
keeps normal casual clothes (jeans, etc) to wear in the office when not on
screen — she wouldn't want to spill coffee on her smart frock.

Old May 11th 20, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Wasn't Boltar the selfish, arrogant, know-everything,
sell-your-colleagues-down-the-river villain from Battlestar Galactica?
Can't think why Neil chose it as a nym.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 11th 20, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"michael adams" wrote:

As to where she lives, quite possibly misleading messages are now the
norm, for female TV personalities among others, who wish to frustrate
stalkers, over-enthusistic well wishers, or just the star-struck .

A year ago or so I was listening to Brexistcast on quite a regular basis and was
somewhat surprised at the detail a certain well known female presenter provided
about her drive home as she was participating in the podcast. Felt quite
uncomfortable actually as over the course of a number of episodes, sufficient
detail was provided that were I so inclined, it would have been very easy to
identify the building she resided in.