London Banter

-   -   New boarding on London's buses (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17772-new-boarding-londons-buses.html)

Charles Ellson[_2_] June 8th 20 08:29 AM

New boarding on London's buses

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 08:27:52 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Charles Ellson" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 09:04:10 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message
Charles Ellson wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 20:28:58 +0100, "Clive D.W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Charles
Ellson
writes
But it's ok for you, the government and every other Tom, Dick or
Harry
to force their decisions on us.

In the case of the government, that's what we elected them to do.

FSVO "We".

We, as a country, elected them. Being on the losing side sometimes is
part of the system.

At least two other countries in the Union didn't elect them.

They may not have voted for them, but they did take part in the process
of
electing them. (Alas!)

you had the democratic opportunity to change that

and democracy won

HTH

Democracy is a repeating process.

but not in a way where there are demands for a neverendum, so that they
eventually win from voter fatigue

All parties have "demands" for many things. I don't see voter fatigue
in elections which have so far been held many times more often than a
single referendum six years ago.

[email protected] June 8th 20 09:46 AM

New boarding on London's buses

On 08/06/2020 08:45, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 20:19:01 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article ,
writes
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than simply going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30 minute
round trip to the Post Office.

Sam Wilson[_2_] June 8th 20 10:01 AM

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Do you have some kind of legal or even scholarly reference for that
assertion?

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as
Spit the dummy to reply

Roland Perry June 8th 20 10:43 AM

New boarding on London's buses

In message , at 10:46:39 on Mon, 8 Jun 2020,
remarked:
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than
simply going back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30 minute
round trip to the Post Office.

You don't have a suitable inconvenience store closer?

https://www.parcel2go.com/ is a good source for finding one.

[email protected] June 8th 20 11:58 AM

On 08/06/2020 11:43, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:46:39 on Mon, 8 Jun 2020,
remarked:
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in
sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the
postage.

Â*I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than
simply goingÂ* back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30 minute
round trip to the Post Office.

You don't have a suitable inconvenience store closer?

https://www.parcel2go.com/ is a good source for finding one.

Interesting.

The distances are as the gulls fly and it shows Morrisons as my closest
at 0.69 miles which necessitates swimming across the River Ely to
achieve. The walking distance will be about 1.05 miles so in comparison
with the Post Office will be about 40 minutes.

Bring back C&A whose clothes always fitted me.

tim... June 8th 20 12:05 PM

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

try this as just one example

https://capx.co/a-fate-worse-than-qu...ds-neverendum/

Roland Perry June 8th 20 12:20 PM

New boarding on London's buses

In message , at 12:58:52 on Mon, 8 Jun 2020,
remarked:

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30
minute round trip to the Post Office.

You don't have a suitable inconvenience store closer?
https://www.parcel2go.com/ is a good source for finding one.

Interesting.

The distances are as the gulls fly and it shows Morrisons as my closest
at 0.69 miles which necessitates swimming across the River Ely to
achieve. The walking distance will be about 1.05 miles so in
comparison with the Post Office will be about 40 minutes.

Why are you prevented from driving the 1.05 miles?

[email protected] June 8th 20 01:29 PM

On 08/06/2020 13:20, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:58:52 on Mon, 8 Jun 2020,
remarked:

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30
minuteÂ* round trip to the Post Office.

Â*You don't have a suitable inconvenience store closer?
Â*
https://www.parcel2go.com/ is a good source for finding one.

Interesting.

The distances are as the gulls fly and it shows Morrisons as my
closest at 0.69 miles which necessitates swimming across the River Ely
to achieve.Â* The walking distance will be about 1.05 miles so in
comparison with the Post Office will be about 40 minutes.

Why are you prevented from driving the 1.05 miles?

It's routed via footbridge.

I lied as according to Google maps it's 1.2 miles each way to walk and
it's also 2.0 miles to drive outbound as a right turn is prohibited and
1.4 miles inbound.

My policy is to travel on foot for such local trips unless I need too
much shopping. It's healthy.

Anna Noyd-Dryver June 8th 20 02:11 PM

New boarding on London's buses

wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 20:19:01 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article , writes
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than simply going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

I pass postboxes, post offices and convenience stores on my way to/from
work. Some couriers will even collect packages from your home! Visiting
clothes/shoe shops requires a trip out of my way.

Anna Noyd-Dryver

[email protected] June 8th 20 02:34 PM

New boarding on London's buses

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 09:05:21 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 20:19:01 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article , writes
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than simply
going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

It's been explained to you

not everyone has an M&S on the corner

HTH

Not everyone has a post office or a chavmart on the corner either.

HTH.