London Banter

-   -   Fenchurch Street may need to move (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/17800-fenchurch-street-may-need-move.html)

Basil Jet[_4_] September 15th 20 11:02 PM

Fenchurch Street may need to move

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/202...-need-to-move/

Does anyone know if the flat straight spot that was included in the Bank
branch DLR tunnels to allow a tunnel station in the vicinity of Tower
Hill was long enough for 3-carriage trains?

Personally I think they should leave Fenchurch Street alone and build a
branch of Crossrail from Custom House to Barking Reach and Dagenham
Dock, taking over all services on the line to Pitsea. I don't think
Woolwich and Abbey Wood will need more than 6 Crossrail train an hour,
leaving 6tph for this new branch.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Phoenix - 2009 - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix