Old June 9th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster offline

When I got to the end of my tube journey today, none of the Oyster
readers were working and the ticket office staff said they were all
offline. This hasn't happened to me before -- how does this journey get
charged? Is it one of those "unresolved journeys"? And if it is, how
do I "resolve" it?

Old June 10th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TC TC is offline

"Nigel Pendse" wrote in message
When I got to the end of my tube journey today, none of the Oyster
readers were working and the ticket office staff said they were all
offline. This hasn't happened to me before -- how does this journey get
charged? Is it one of those "unresolved journeys"? And if it is, how
do I "resolve" it?

Unresolved journey. Go to a ticket office or call the helpline.

--
TC

Old June 11th 04, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:51:17 +0100, "TC"
wrote:

"Nigel Pendse" wrote in message
When I got to the end of my tube journey today, none of the Oyster
readers were working and the ticket office staff said they were all
offline. This hasn't happened to me before -- how does this journey get
charged? Is it one of those "unresolved journeys"? And if it is, how
do I "resolve" it?

Unresolved journey. Go to a ticket office or call the helpline.

Nevertheless there is some resilience in the system. I was waved
through a faulty gate at (I think) Kings Cross a few weeks ago,
travelled to Finsbury Park, where there are no gates, and touched my
card against the wall-mounted reader there which then assumed that I
was entering, not exiting, the system. This was using an Oyster
loaded with both a travelcard and pre-pay. It did count as an
unresolved journey, but didn't interfere with my pre-pay balance: the
system clearly assumed that I'd stayed within the zones covered by the
travelcard, and not that I'd made a quick single trip from Finsbury
Park to Amersham

Martin
Old June 11th 04, 09:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

I don't have a Travelcard on mine, so I don't know how it will have
handled it (not been on the Tube since this happened).