London Banter

-   -   Olympia Oyster Outrage (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1844-olympia-oyster-outrage.html)

Rupert Goodwins June 13th 04 11:13 AM

Olympia Oyster Outrage

Well, not outrageous but... where are the Oyster readers at LU
Kensington Olympia? There's a little sign saying "Oyster Pre-Pay Users
Please Use The Reader", but darned if I could find it.

There's also a hand-written sign by the coffee kiosk there that says
"Warning: Smile On Face Of Server May Be False". That's more like it!

Nicholas June 13th 04 07:04 PM

Olympia Oyster Outrage

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:13:50 GMT, Rupert Goodwins
wrote:

Well, not outrageous but... where are the Oyster readers at LU
Kensington Olympia? There's a little sign saying "Oyster Pre-Pay Users
Please Use The Reader", but darned if I could find it.

There are two Oyster validators along the District Line platforms -
one on each side of the sheltered waiting area.

Nicholas.

Rupert Goodwins June 17th 04 11:47 PM

Olympia Oyster Outrage

wrote:

Well, not outrageous but... where are the Oyster readers at LU
Kensington Olympia? There's a little sign saying "Oyster Pre-Pay Users
Please Use The Reader", but darned if I could find it.

There are two Oyster validators along the District Line platforms -
one on each side of the sheltered waiting area.

Nicholas.

Hm. I'll check next time I'm there. If you get off towards the north
end of the platforms, you don't walk past them - wouldn't it have made
more sense to put them at the exit? Or is that not LUL territory?

Paul Weaver June 20th 04 01:03 AM

Olympia Oyster Outrage

Hm. I'll check next time I'm there. If you get off towards the north
end of the platforms, you don't walk past them - wouldn't it have made
more sense to put them at the exit? Or is that not LUL territory?

You'd expect to see them at the gates near the ticket machine, but
that would be too logical.

Of course that's why I dont bother with Oyster, aside from the obvious
privacy remifications, it's a crap system with dozens of bugs and no
certainty. With a paper ticket I *know* how much it cost me. With
oyster it's anyones guess