London Banter

-   -   'The Way Out Tube Map' (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1859-way-out-tube-map.html)

Dave Arquati June 17th 04 06:51 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map, showing
the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors on tube
platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on Long
Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Piccadilly Pilot June 17th 04 09:57 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

Dave Arquati wrote:
wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors on
tube platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train
carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on Long
Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

Has it mapped out your life for you or merely led you into uncharted waters?
:-)

Dave Arquati June 17th 04 10:10 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors on
tube platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train
carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on Long
Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

Has it mapped out your life for you or merely led you into uncharted waters?
:-)

It helped me find myself.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Piccadilly Pilot June 18th 04 06:49 AM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors on
tube platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train
carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on Long
Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

Has it mapped out your life for you or merely led you into uncharted

waters?
:-)

It helped me find myself.

Ah, introduced you to the A-Z of life perhaps?

Dave Arquati June 18th 04 09:56 AM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors on
tube platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train
carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on Long
Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

Has it mapped out your life for you or merely led you into uncharted

waters?

:-)

It helped me find myself.

Ah, introduced you to the A-Z of life perhaps?

Yes, and sometimes I like to take the high road.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Fustanella June 18th 04 11:39 AM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

Ah, introduced you to the A-Z of life perhaps?

The Knowledge is a wonderful thing, that.

Piccadilly Pilot June 18th 04 12:14 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote:

wrote:

I've just come across my copy of the 1994 edition of this map,
showing the position of the 'way out' and interchange corridors
on tube platforms (as they were then) in relation to the train
carriages.

Does anyone know if there is a more up-to-date version of this?

(I tried ringing the 'phone number shown on the map, but got no
reply.)

Yes I have a very recent edition, which I got from Stanfords on
Long Acre, near Covent Garden.

http://www.stanfords.co.uk

Probably my favourite shop ever...

Has it mapped out your life for you or merely led you into
uncharted

waters?

:-)

It helped me find myself.

Ah, introduced you to the A-Z of life perhaps?

Yes, and sometimes I like to take the high road.

Presumably only after surveying your ordnance?

Ian F. June 18th 04 01:28 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Probably my favourite shop ever...

I feel much the same way about Armani!

Ian

John Rowland June 29th 04 08:56 PM

'The Way Out Tube Map'

wrote in message

Talking of which is there a more recent edition of this?

"here it is"
Knowledge of London
with routes for drivers

It has a set of 17 inches to the mile maps of the west end
and City with individual shop, clubs, theatres, etc. marked.

Wow. That would be very handy, although it would be noticeably out of date
by the time it was printed.

You could phone all of these people and ask them
http://www.5xxxxx.freeserve.co.uk/wk/sch.html

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped