London Banter

-   -   BBC4 Now! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1888-bbc4-now.html)

Nick Cooper June 26th 04 07:51 PM

BBC4 Now!

Yeti on teh Underground!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Tom Anderson June 28th 04 09:57 AM

BBC4 Now!

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Nick Cooper wrote:

Yeti on teh Underground!

Whuh?

And in other ridiculous news:

http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/tmp/blank-poster.jpg

tom

--
ONE IN EIGHT GO MAD

Richard J. June 28th 04 10:36 AM

BBC4 Now!

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Nick Cooper wrote:

Yeti on teh Underground!

Whuh?

And in other ridiculous news:

http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/tmp/blank-poster.jpg

Ugh! Dash after semi-colon! The author needs to be Trussed up.

It says at the bottom what looks like "Post at Piccadilly line
stations", which suggests that some important Picc-specific poster is
awaited.

--
Richard J.

Tom Anderson June 28th 04 06:02 PM

BBC4 Now!

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Richard J. wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Nick Cooper wrote:

Yeti on teh Underground!

Whuh?

And in other ridiculous news:

http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/tmp/blank-poster.jpg

Ugh! Dash after semi-colon!

When neither are necessary - there really shouldn't be any punctuation at
all right there.

Maybe it's an attempt at a smiley, to show that the author was aware of
the combination of joke and koan implicit in "intentionally left blank"
posters. A winking smiley with no mouth; or with no nose and a long,
gaping mouth, reminiscent of Munch's 'The Scream'. I really hope it's just
bad grammar, as either of those would actually be a bit unnerving.

The author needs to be Trussed up.

:)

It says at the bottom what looks like "Post at Piccadilly line
stations", which suggests that some important Picc-specific poster is
awaited.

I thought it was just because it had a Pictish colour scheme, but that
would make far more sense.

tom

--
If I want consciousness expansion, i go to my local tabernacle and i SING!

Robin May June 29th 04 08:59 PM

BBC4 Now!

"Richard J." wrote the following in:

It says at the bottom what looks like "Post at Piccadilly line
stations", which suggests that some important Picc-specific poster is
awaited.

"The Piccadilly line will now close forever."

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html