London Banter

-   -   Bike stolen at Olympics ceremony (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1895-bike-stolen-olympics-ceremony.html)

John Hearns June 28th 04 08:38 PM

Bike stolen at Olympics ceremony

BILLIONAIRE'S BIKE STOLEN FROM CITY HALL
John Caudwell, Britain's seventh richest man,
had his £5,000 bike stolen while at an
Olympic torchbearers' reception at City Hall on Friday
night.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view.php?ArtID=1068

No catty comments please - having a high profile guy like
this cycling is for the good.
"Caudwell is a keen cyclist and regularly rides the 160 miles from the
Phones 4U head office to London for business meetings."

In this case I think Guy Chapman's solution could be augmented by
using the Olympic flame.

Nick Cooper June 28th 04 10:46 PM

Bike stolen at Olympics ceremony

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:38:44 +0100, John Hearns
wrote:

BILLIONAIRE'S BIKE STOLEN FROM CITY HALL
John Caudwell, Britain's seventh richest man,
had his £5,000 bike stolen while at an
Olympic torchbearers' reception at City Hall on Friday
night.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view.php?ArtID=1068

No catty comments please - having a high profile guy like
this cycling is for the good.
"Caudwell is a keen cyclist and regularly rides the 160 miles from the
Phones 4U head office to London for business meetings."

£5K for a bike? The words "sense," "money," "more," and "than" spring
to mind....
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Steve Dulieu June 29th 04 12:23 AM

Bike stolen at Olympics ceremony

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

BILLIONAIRE'S BIKE STOLEN FROM CITY HALL
John Caudwell, Britain's seventh richest man,
had his £5,000 bike stolen while at an
Olympic torchbearers' reception at City Hall on Friday
night.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view.php?ArtID=1068

No catty comments please - having a high profile guy like
this cycling is for the good.
"Caudwell is a keen cyclist and regularly rides the 160 miles from the
Phones 4U head office to London for business meetings."

£5K for a bike? The words "sense," "money," "more," and "than" spring
to mind....

Errm, I think the bike in question was one of those that has an engine
rather than the type you pedal, either that or if he really does cycle 160
miles on a regular basis we should get him in the Olympic team rather than
attending Olympic receptions...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Steve Dulieu June 29th 04 12:27 AM

Bike stolen at Olympics ceremony

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

BILLIONAIRE'S BIKE STOLEN FROM CITY HALL
John Caudwell, Britain's seventh richest man,
had his £5,000 bike stolen while at an
Olympic torchbearers' reception at City Hall on Friday
night.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view.php?ArtID=1068

No catty comments please - having a high profile guy like
this cycling is for the good.
"Caudwell is a keen cyclist and regularly rides the 160 miles from the
Phones 4U head office to London for business meetings."

£5K for a bike? The words "sense," "money," "more," and "than" spring
to mind....

Errm, I think the bike in question was one of those that has an engine
rather than the type you pedal, either that or if he really does cycle 160
miles on a regular basis we should get him in the Olympic team rather than
attending Olympic receptions...

Take it all back, it was a pedal bike - blimey...