London Banter

-   -   Isle of Dogs Crossrail station (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1906-isle-dogs-crossrail-station.html)

Dave Arquati June 30th 04 07:54 PM

Isle of Dogs Crossrail station

There are quite a few new mock pictures of Crossrail stations up on
their website at:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090...View&count=999

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

I'm pretty sure it's the eastern end of the North section (near West
India Quay DLR) but I'd like to double check.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Robin May June 30th 04 08:02 PM

Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

There are quite a few new mock pictures of Crossrail stations up
on their website at:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090...brary?OpenView
&count=999

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock
Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

From what I can tell it looks as if it is (roughly) where indicated by
the arrow on that map:

http://tinyurl.com/33bm8

I'm not sure if that's the sort of information you were after.

I'm pretty sure it's the eastern end of the North section (near
West India Quay DLR) but I'd like to double check.

That matches up with what I thought.

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html

Thomas Covenant June 30th 04 09:08 PM

Isle of Dogs Crossrail station

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:54:39 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

I'm pretty sure it's the eastern end of the North section (near West
India Quay DLR) but I'd like to double check.

Looks to me like it will be almost immediately south of Poplar / east
of West India Quay DLR stations.

(Also, the bridge in the background appears to be the one recently
constructed (opposite Poplar Station), linking Aspen Way with North
Colonnade/Churchill Place).
--
Thomas Covenant
Please observe reply to Address.

Dave Arquati June 30th 04 09:16 PM

Robin May wrote:

Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

There are quite a few new mock pictures of Crossrail stations up
on their website at:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090...brary?OpenView
&count=999

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock
Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

From what I can tell it looks as if it is (roughly) where indicated by
the arrow on that map:

http://tinyurl.com/33bm8

I'm not sure if that's the sort of information you were after.

Yep, that's good thanks.

Paul Corfield June 30th 04 09:23 PM

Isle of Dogs Crossrail station

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:54:39 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

There are quite a few new mock pictures of Crossrail stations up on
their website at:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090...View&count=999

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

I'm pretty sure it's the eastern end of the North section (near West
India Quay DLR) but I'd like to double check.

yep I agree with that assessment. I think it all looks a bit small as an
entrance to what will probably be a busy station but the scale of the
image may be deceptive.
--
Paul C

Dave Arquati July 1st 04 04:48 PM

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:54:39 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

There are quite a few new mock pictures of Crossrail stations up on
their website at:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/80256B090...View&count=999

From the following (large) photos, can anyone identify which dock Isle
of Dogs station is in?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2DD620B8
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1ED560B8

I'm pretty sure it's the eastern end of the North section (near West
India Quay DLR) but I'd like to double check.

yep I agree with that assessment. I think it all looks a bit small as an
entrance to what will probably be a busy station but the scale of the
image may be deceptive.

It does look more like a DLR station entrance than a Crossrail one.
Compare with Paddington, Bond St, Moorgate & Liverpool St etc.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7