Old July 1st 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Monorail!

Hi all,

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...7&section=news

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'll believe that when I see it!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 1st 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...7&section=news

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'll believe that when I see it!

MonoMetro Limited is said to be owned by architect Gareth Pearce and
three other partners. Is this the same Gareth Pearce who features in
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,586889,00.html ? He
was variously described on that occasion as "virtually unemployed",
"inefficient", "arrogant and unreasonable". He now wants to demonstrate
his concept by linking Kensington High Street and Oxford Street by a
monorail *across Hyde Park*!
--
Richard J.

Old July 2nd 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:57:59 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...7&section=news

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'll believe that when I see it!

Well indeed. What a complete waste of time and effort. No one would
sanction the construction of such a monstrosity across Hyde Park and he
may find it a tad difficult to provide any foundations in and around
Oxford Circus - there's a bit of big hole underground :-)

MonoMetro Limited is said to be owned by architect Gareth Pearce and
three other partners. Is this the same Gareth Pearce who features in
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,586889,00.html ? He
was variously described on that occasion as "virtually unemployed",
"inefficient", "arrogant and unreasonable". He now wants to demonstrate
his concept by linking Kensington High Street and Oxford Street by a
monorail *across Hyde Park*!

Hmm - an alternative view of how to win friends and influence people.
--
Paul C

Old July 2nd 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...7&section=news

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'll believe that when I see it!

MonoMetro Limited is said to be owned by architect Gareth Pearce and
three other partners. Is this the same Gareth Pearce who features in
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,586889,00.html ? He
was variously described on that occasion as "virtually unemployed",
"inefficient", "arrogant and unreasonable". He now wants to demonstrate
his concept by linking Kensington High Street and Oxford Street by a
monorail *across Hyde Park*!

Are all monorail schemes run by loons?

The recent one round here was from Ambersham Group , who I hear have a
history of failed monorail ideas, running from Western international market
to the new brentford football ground. I couldn't come up with a more crazy
scheme if I tried.

Steve
Old July 3rd 04, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Peake" wrote in message
Are all monorail schemes run by loons?

The recent one round here was from Ambersham Group , who I hear have a
history of failed monorail ideas, running from Western international market
to the new brentford football ground. I couldn't come up with a more crazy
scheme if I tried.

I thought it was to run from Heathrow to Hammersmith, along the A4?

Robin

Old July 3rd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin Cox wrote:
"Steve Peake" wrote in message
Are all monorail schemes run by loons?

The recent one round here was from Ambersham Group , who I hear
have a history of failed monorail ideas, running from Western
international market to the new brentford football ground. I
couldn't come up with a more crazy scheme if I tried.

I thought it was to run from Heathrow to Hammersmith, along the A4?

Originally, the idea was a monorail from the WIM to Lionel Road, the
proposed site of Brentford FC's new stadium (behind Kew Bridge station).
Currently, Ambersham are said to be developing a scheme to run from
Heathrow to Lionel Road along the A30 and A4.[1] Since Ambersham's
monorail schemes have a capacity of only 1000 to 3000 people per hour,
this doesn't seem very suitable for a football club. On second
thoughts, they could probably cope with Brentford's gates.

[1] http://www.beesunited.org.uk/lionelr...happening.html

The only scheme for a Heathrow-Hammersmith link along the A4 that I'm
aware of was Hounslow's tram idea.
--
Richard J.

Old July 5th 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Steve Peake wrote:
The recent one round here was from Ambersham Group , who I hear have a
history of failed monorail ideas, running from Western international market
to the new brentford football ground. I couldn't come up with a more crazy
scheme if I tried.

Are they the same company who sold one to Springfield.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see
Old July 12th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...7&section=news

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'll believe that when I see it!

MonoMetro Limited is said to be owned by architect Gareth Pearce and
three other partners. Is this the same Gareth Pearce who features in
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,586889,00.html ? He
was variously described on that occasion as "virtually unemployed",
"inefficient", "arrogant and unreasonable". He now wants to demonstrate
his concept by linking Kensington High Street and Oxford Street by a
monorail *across Hyde Park*!

Are all monorail schemes run by loons?

Loons like Lyle Lanley?

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs
Old July 2nd 04, 03:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

John Rowland wrote:
I'll believe that when I see it!

It has been said before;
a monorail is a poor, expensive solution for a transportation system.
Old July 2nd 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

I'll believe that when I see it!

It has been said before;
a monorail is a poor, expensive solution for a transportation system.

Hmm... I saw this a little while ago. Should I even bother putting it on
my site?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7