London Banter

-   -   Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1947-willesden-junction-rare-ish-track.html)

John Rowland July 12th 04 08:40 AM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice. This uses a line between Kensal Rise and
Willesden Junction Low Level which is normally only served at the extremes
of the day. There will be no service between Willesden Junction and Clapham
Junction at all.

See http://www.silverlink-trains.com/ for latest.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

CIG_BIG_CIG July 12th 04 04:59 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice. This uses a line between Kensal Rise and
Willesden Junction Low Level which is normally only served at the extremes
of the day. There will be no service between Willesden Junction and Clapham
Junction at all.

See http://www.silverlink-trains.com/ for latest.

Any details on this derailment? Do we know cause?

Peter Masson July 12th 04 06:05 PM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice.

Any details on this derailment? Do we know cause?

The derailment is in Willesden Junction HL station, eastbound line,
involving a stone train from Acton Yard to Harlow Mill. BTP have ruled out a
criminal act:
http://www.btp.police.uk/newsflash.s...170c6461c ad3
Peter

Marcus July 12th 04 11:42 PM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice. This uses a line between Kensal Rise

and
Willesden Junction Low Level which is normally only served at the

extremes
of the day. There will be no service between Willesden Junction and

Clapham
Junction at all.

See http://www.silverlink-trains.com/ for latest.

Any details on this derailment? Do we know cause?

Hi All,

I popped over to Willesden on the way home from work tonight... At 23:30 and
saw the following. 66142 on the northern high level bridge (eastbound?) One
wagon is currently over the main WCML, one over the depot lines both of
these look fairly upright. Over the depot road entrance there is a wagon
looking very much off the rails. Then there is another wagon on the rails
adjacent to the platform, coupled to this is 67015. Three carriages from the
Old Oak Common breakdown train are in attendance with 67012 (probably - it
was quite dark) on the other end.
I did also note, when driving past, a lot of rail related vans at Kensal
Green station and workmen with OLE isolating clips and the like.
I think it is going to be a long night in the Willesden Area! Just a shame I
didn't bother taking a camera to work today :o(

Marcus Dawson
--
Personal site - www.rail-net.co.uk
Part of the - www.trainspots.co.uk network

Prevert July 13th 04 06:43 PM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice. This uses a line between Kensal Rise

and
Willesden Junction Low Level which is normally only served at the

extremes
of the day. There will be no service between Willesden Junction and

Clapham
Junction at all.

See http://www.silverlink-trains.com/ for latest.

Any details on this derailment? Do we know cause?

I believe it was caused by a train coming off the track.

Jack Taylor July 14th 04 01:51 AM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Due to a derailment at Willesden Junction, the North London Line will be
running only between North Woolwich and Willesden Junction Low Level via
Gospel Oak until further notice. This uses a line between Kensal Rise and
Willesden Junction Low Level which is normally only served at the extremes
of the day. There will be no service between Willesden Junction and

Clapham
Junction at all.

Thanks, John, for wasting an hour and a half of my time yesterday! ;-)

FYI, virtually all of the NLL services are continuing to use the westbound
High Level platform at Willesden Junction to reverse. Only the first two
trains of the day start from Low Level and one late night train terminates
at Low Level. Otherwise it is, effectively, business as usual from the High
Level platforms (all trains arriving/departing from the westbound platform).

Marratxi July 15th 04 05:04 AM

Willesden Junction rare-ish track open today

"Jack Taylor" Jack @Carney.co.uk wrote in message
. ..
Thanks, John, for wasting an hour and a half of my time yesterday! ;-)
FYI, virtually all of the NLL services are continuing to use the westbound
High Level platform at Willesden Junction to reverse. Only the first two
trains of the day start from Low Level and one late night train terminates
at Low Level. Otherwise it is, effectively, business as usual from the

High
Level platforms (all trains arriving/departing from the westbound

platform).

Are you saying that there were trains from Willesden Junction to Clapham
Junction and/or Richmond ? Throughout the day LBC was saying that there were
no trains running on these lines.
Cheerz,
Baz

Peter Masson July 15th 04 07:29 AM

"Marratxi" wrote in message

"Jack Taylor" Jack @Carney.co.uk wrote in message
. ..
Thanks, John, for wasting an hour and a half of my time yesterday! ;-)
FYI, virtually all of the NLL services are continuing to use the

westbound
High Level platform at Willesden Junction to reverse. Only the first two
trains of the day start from Low Level and one late night train

terminates
at Low Level. Otherwise it is, effectively, business as usual from the

High
Level platforms (all trains arriving/departing from the westbound

platform).

Are you saying that there were trains from Willesden Junction to Clapham
Junction and/or Richmond ? Throughout the day LBC was saying that there

were
no trains running on these lines.

The derailment was in the eastbound platform at Willesden Junction High
Level. On Monday the North Woolwich service was diverted to the bay platform
at Low Level, and Willesden Junction - Clapham Junction and Willesden
Junction to Richmond Silverlink services were suspended.
On Tuesday and Wednesday the North Woolwich service reversed in the
westbound platform at High Level. Silverlink ran an hourly shuttle service
between Clapham Junction and Olympia (supplementing the Southern service
which seems to have run as normal), and provided a bus service between
Willesden Junction and Gunnersbury.
Willesden - North Woolwich has been running at 20 minute intervals,
supplemented, at least on Tuesday and Wednesday by a peak hour shuttle
between Stratford and Highbury & Islington, presumably using the AC line
between Dalston Kingsland and Highbury, as it has not been stopping at
Canonbury.
NWR today (Thursday).
Peter