Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 13th 04, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default What are bus lanes worth?

Does TfL (or anyone else) try to estimate the value of bus lanes before
installing them? If so, what criteria do they use?

Am I right in thinking London's most expensive bus lane so far was the
one on the M4? Am I right in thinking the consensus now is that it's a
white elephant?

Are there any other very expensive bus lanes in the London area? Have
any been rejected on grounds of cost?

Apart from the £40m they plan to waste putting bus lanes on the
Thames Gateway Bridge, are any multimillion pound bus lanes planned?

Many people have said that the bus lane in Welling was causing traffic
jams so bad that the buses were being delayed. Did they ever do anything
about it?

Has letting left turning traffic use bus lanes been considered? If so,
did they find any good reason not to do so?