Old February 2nd 08, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling, uk.transport.london, uk.rec.driving

Default Bus Lanes: Proof Of What We All Knew

The Truth About Bikes And Anti-Motorist Lanes:

http://tinyurl.com/36kls5

Very revealing all in all. TfL's true colours are exposed (again), as
are those of militant cyclists (who are of course doing as much damage
to proper cyclists' interests as anyone else's).

"A clue lies in the report's findings about the attitudes of other
road users to the idea of motorcycles in bus lanes, with almost half
the surveyed pedestrians and a large proportion of cyclists expressing
negative views (although only 40 of 800 cyclists [11 of which were
Spindrift, who isn't really a cyclist at all] returned their forms,
which is statistically insignificant compared with total cycle usage
in London). So although the move would clearly prevent many injuries
and save lives, it might be greeted with disapproval from a
significant number of voters who harbour a prejudice against
motorcycles."

So there we have it. Conclusive proof that the extremist
fundamentalist mentalist cycling freaks care more about their bizarre,
perverse, ideological, absurd crusade against powered private
transport than they do about even their own safety. They don't mind
if they're being put in unnecessary danger by a policy as long as the
sinners, aka motorists and motorcyclists, are being given a hard time
by that same policy. They would vote for such a policy
unhesitatingly, each and every time. It just goes to show how utterly
warped, spiteful, prejudiced, interfering, illogical and unrelentingly
negative the cycling trolls really are. Absolutely staggering. Yet
no-one who is familiar with the transport debate will be the slightest
bit surprised. It is by no means the first time that the extremists
have placed the persecution of motorists and motorcyclists far above
their own safety. Their continued, obstinate and ridiculous support
of speed cameras, which beyond doubt put all road users in danger and
cost many lives, is just one other example of their unbelievably
screwed up priorities. It's cutting one's nose off to spite one's
face on an unprecedented scale.

Quite what it is about cycling which attracts such twisted viewpoints
is a mystery to me. Of course, there are also plenty of pleasant
cyclists who genuinely want to see all road users coexisting
peacefully, and they must be outraged that the extremist trolls
continue to tarnish the image of their mode of transport with their
misguided hatred of motorists, as well as their red light jumping,
hypocrisy and non-stop obnoxiousness. Why can't the trolls accept
that not everyone wants to cycle wherever they go? Why is the idea of
sharing the roads with cars and motorcycles so fundamentally difficult
for them to accept? Why can't they be positive, campaigning for
things which will help them rather than hinder others, like car
drivers, motorcyclists and sensible cyclists are doing? Why the
constant militancy, belligerence and unpleasantness? What is the
point? Will they not rest until every last car driver and
motorcyclist is persecuted off the face of the planet? Are they that
utterly intolerant of differing creeds and beliefs in other areas of
their lives as well? Why do most of them lie and pretend not to be
anti-motorist? Is it because they know they don't have a leg to stand
on? (Saying "I drive myself", assuming it's even true, doesn't mean
that they're not anti-motorist, it just means that they're hypocrites,
and that they think they're somehow more entitled to drive than
others.)

Most importantly, how do they sleep at night, knowing that they are
advocating measures which have been shown to be costing lives? How do
they manage to twist things round and justify that to themselves? Or
are they such monsters that they don't even feel the need to try? How
many tens of thousands have to die before they decide that it's not
worth it after all? Is there any number of deaths that will tip the
scales? Do these people have so much as a shred of compassion or
common decency? What on earth happened that caused them to put their
discrimination against powered private transport above saving even one
life, let alone the eye-watering numbers that die every year on our
roads? How dare they? How DARE they?

Let's all share the roads peacefully, happily and considerately.
Tolerance in transport. A new era of understanding and positivity.
An end to trolling cyclists once and for all. Those who feel an
overwhelming need to be obnoxious and intolerant should take up a new
cause which doesn't involve people dying in their thousands, or better
still, see their doctors. It's high time that the lying stopped.
It's high time for proper policies that are not dictated by spiteful,
deranged, hateful extremists. You know it makes sense. You know it
needs to happen. And you know it will happen, sooner or later, one
way or the other. So let's make it happen now.

Old February 2nd 08, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

What colour's the sky in your world?

Old February 2nd 08, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Personally, I wouldn't mind if motorcyclists were allowed to use bus lanes.
Motorcyclists rarely cause me any bother, and I'd rather more people used
motorbikes rather than cars.

But I don't believe any *sensible* motorcyclist need be at more risk if they
do not use bus lanes.

Hard luck. It's not my fault, so don't be rude to me please (by posting
offensive messages aimed at *all* cyclists). No one surveyed me.

~PB

Old February 3rd 08, 02:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:26:43 -0800 (PST), Nuxx Bar
wrote:

The Truth About Bikes And Anti-Motorist Lanes:

http://tinyurl.com/36kls5

Very revealing all in all. TfL's true colours are exposed (again), as
are those of militant cyclists (who are of course doing as much damage
to proper cyclists' interests as anyone else's).

Perhaps it should be called TaL - Transport Against London.

Old February 3rd 08, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

The Truth About Bikes And Anti-Motorist Lanes:

http://tinyurl.com/36kls5

Very revealing all in all. TfL's true colours are exposed (again),
as are those of militant cyclists (who are of course doing as much
damage to proper cyclists' interests as anyone else's).

Perhaps it should be called TaL - Transport Against London.

Speaking as a pedestrian who's never ridden a bike in my life, I think
TfL have made the right decision. I'm glad motorbikes aren't being
allowed in bus lanes. I just wish ordinary bikes weren't allowed in
them either.

Old February 3rd 08, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Nuxx Bar wrote:

So there we have it. Conclusive proof that the extremist
fundamentalist mentalist cycling freaks care more about their bizarre,
perverse, ideological, absurd crusade against powered private
transport than they do about even their own safety. They don't mind
if they're being put in unnecessary danger by a policy as long as the
sinners, aka motorists and motorcyclists, are being given a hard time
by that same policy. They would vote for such a policy
unhesitatingly, each and every time. It just goes to show how utterly
warped, spiteful, prejudiced, interfering, illogical and unrelentingly
negative the cycling trolls really are. Absolutely staggering.

You're only half right. What about us pedestrains? Cyclists _are_ scum
who should be made to suffer, but so are _all_ motorists. Why should I
have to suffer but not them?

I was born with serious damage to to hand-eye coordination centres of my
brain. My coordination will _never_ be good enough to let me ride a
bike or drive a car. I'm _forced_ to rely on ****ty public transport
whenever I want to go anywhere. But those lucky *******s are free to
ride or drive anywhere they like, whenever they like!

Personally, I'd love to see all forms of private transport banned, and
force them to suffer the way I do!

Old February 3rd 08, 07:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

The Truth About Bikes And Anti-Motorist Lanes:

http://tinyurl.com/36kls5

Very revealing all in all. TfL's true colours are exposed (again),
as are those of militant cyclists (who are of course doing as much
damage to proper cyclists' interests as anyone else's).

Perhaps it should be called TaL - Transport Against London.

Speaking as a pedestrian who's never ridden a bike in my life, I think TfL
have made the right decision. I'm glad motorbikes aren't being allowed in
bus lanes. I just wish ordinary bikes weren't allowed in them either.

Sop now you've made your _feelings_ clear, and identified the narrow range
of experience on which they're based, any chance of enlightening us as to
_why_ you are thusly prejudiced?

Old February 3rd 08, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Budstaff wrote:

Sop now you've made your _feelings_ clear, and identified the narrow
range of experience on which they're based, any chance of
enlightening us as to _why_ you are thusly prejudiced?

See my other post.

Old February 3rd 08, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Budstaff wrote:

Sop now you've made your _feelings_ clear, and identified the narrow
range of experience on which they're based, any chance of
enlightening us as to _why_ you are thusly prejudiced?

See my other post.

All is clear now

PLONK (in a caring way, you understand)

Old February 3rd 08, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Budstaff wrote:

Sop now you've made your _feelings_ clear, and identified the narrow
range of experience on which they're based, any chance of
enlightening us as to _why_ you are thusly prejudiced?

See my other post.

All is clear now

PLONK (in a caring way, you understand)

Ladies and Gentlemen... It's another self-centred user of private
transport, who doesn't give a **** about the rest of us, as long as he
knows that he gets to travel wherever he like while we can't. And he
wonders why I think people like him are scum...