Old July 20th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Vistor to London

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:28:28 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"sth" wrote in message

The best hotel I have ever had over there is Mornington,
just north of Hyde Park. Swedish run hotel and it shows.
Clean, neat and great breakfast!

Their croissants are famous!

I think that has got to be the worst single joke anyone
has ever made or will ever make on this newsgroup....

So you think my decade spent waiting for someone to mention breakfast at the
Mornington was wasted?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 21st 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fustanella" wrote in message ...
1) What's a good central area to stay in? We've identified some motels in

We had an excellent time last year at a hotel caddy-corner from the
Gloucester Rd station, fwiw. Tube and bus access was immaculate. If you'd
like me to dig up the details, I can.

What does "caddy-corner" mean?
Old July 21st 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Kapitan Klink wrote:

What does "caddy-corner" mean?

It's a corruption of "catercorner."
--
Michael Hoffman
Old July 21st 04, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

What does "caddy-corner" mean?

Diagonally across from.

If I recall correctly, the Gloucester Road Tube station is on the southwest
corner of the main intersection it fronts. Our hotel (the Montana, according
to my travelog) would be on the northeast corner.

Or, put another way, one could cross one street from the station to the
nearby post office, then the intersecting street from the post office to the
hotel.

Old July 21st 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Kapitan
Klink writes
What does "caddy-corner" mean?

That the writer is an American.

Old July 22nd 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote in message ...
In message , Kapitan
Klink writes
What does "caddy-corner" mean?