Old July 19th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Thread restarted because original reply failed to go.

"Richard J." wrote in message
Terry Harper wrote:

Somewhere I have a brochure produced in 1938-9 to promote
industrial estates in the Forest of Dean and Chepstow area, and
that shows a dual carriageway road tunnel under the Severn, running
almost on the alignment of the now A49 and the first Severn Road
Crossing.

The A49 route is Ross-on-Wye/Hereford/Shrewsbury/Warrington/Preston
(nearly). I assume you mean almost on the alignment of the original M4
Severn Bridge, now M48.

Sorry, yes I did. Should have checked first.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm