London Banter

-   -   Gospel Oak - Barking (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1977-gospel-oak-barking.html)

Slim July 20th 04 10:40 PM

Gospel Oak - Barking

Does anyone know how much freight traffic there is on the Gospel Oak -
Barking line, particularly in the Upper Holloway area, and particularly at
night?

Is the current level likely to increase in the future - I heard something
about routing all the Euro tunnel traffice that way.

thanks

Slim

Zac July 21st 04 12:26 PM

Gospel Oak - Barking

-- Does anyone know how much freight traffic there is on the Gospel Oak -
Barking line, particularly in the Upper Holloway area, and particularly at
night?

I used to live right next to the track just south of Walthamstow Queens Road
station.

The two carriage metro trains were hardly noticed (2/hour). The goods
trains used to be fairly frequent when I was home (Weekdays From 1800).
They were usually them same time each night. One used to pass us at 23:05
which was particularly long (And heavy-well shook the walls of my flat).

Not sure if there are any freight timetables available ?

I imagine the same trains would pass thro Holloway.