London Banter

-   -   Stanstaed to Paddington (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1979-stanstaed-paddington.html)

JO July 21st 04 02:13 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

what's the best way to get from Stanstaed airport to Paddington?

I've seen the Airbus A6. This trip takes 1.5 hrs. Is this the best way?
Is there something better?

tia

Joe July 21st 04 02:18 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

JO wrote:
what's the best way to get from Stanstaed airport to Paddington?

Stansted Airport - Liverpool Street, then Bus 205 or Circle or
Hammersmith + City to Paddington.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see

JO July 21st 04 02:29 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

Stansted Airport - Liverpool Street, then Bus 205 or Circle or
Hammersmith + City to Paddington.

there's 4 of us. The cost of this route is appox 15 GBP per person. This
would cost 60GBP for the total journey. What would a cab cost?

Jim July 21st 04 03:01 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

"JO" wrote in message
u...
Stansted Airport - Liverpool Street, then Bus 205 or Circle or
Hammersmith + City to Paddington.

there's 4 of us. The cost of this route is appox 15 GBP per person. This
would cost 60GBP for the total journey. What would a cab cost?

Pre-booked minicab - about 60. Seems like a good idea for this journey.

xx j

Roland Perry July 21st 04 04:39 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

In message , JO
writes
what's the best way to get from Stanstaed airport to Paddington?

I've seen the Airbus A6. This trip takes 1.5 hrs. Is this the best way?
Is there something better?

Define "best". A chauffer driven limo is probably the best that most
people aspire to. (I saw two white stretch limos last weekend on the M11
that I suspect were ferrying people from the airport to central London).

If you want a sort of touchy-feely, not too expensive or fussy way:
Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale then Victoria Line to Oxford Circus
then Bakerloo has been recommended in the past.

Dave Arquati July 21st 04 04:58 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

JO wrote:

Stansted Airport - Liverpool Street, then Bus 205 or Circle or
Hammersmith + City to Paddington.

there's 4 of us. The cost of this route is appox 15 GBP per person. This
would cost 60GBP for the total journey. What would a cab cost?

I think you can use GroupSave from Stansted to London (but probably only
on slow trains, not the Stansted Express), which is 4 for the price of 2.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Annabel Smyth July 21st 04 05:45 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 at 17:39:11, Roland Perry
wrote:

If you want a sort of touchy-feely, not too expensive or fussy way:
Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale then Victoria Line to Oxford Circus
then Bakerloo has been recommended in the past.

Wouldn't it be better to get off the Victoria Line at King's Cross and
then take a Circle or Metropolitan or Hammersmith & City train to
Paddington?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004

Roland Perry July 21st 04 07:47 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes
Wouldn't it be better to get off the Victoria Line at King's Cross and
then take a Circle or Metropolitan or Hammersmith & City train to
Paddington?

The change at Kings Cross is convoluted at the best of times. And with
the rebuilding work, worse. You also end up having to lug your bags up
over a bridge at Paddington, rather than using an escalator.

Alistair Bell July 21st 04 10:30 PM

Stanstaed to Paddington

wrote:

If you want a sort of touchy-feely, not too expensive or fussy way:
Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale then Victoria Line to Oxford Circus
then Bakerloo has been recommended in the past.

Wouldn't it be better to get off the Victoria Line at King's Cross and
then take a Circle or Metropolitan or Hammersmith & City train to
Paddington?

By the time you've got yourself out of the bowels of the earth at
King's Cross, through the ticket barriers, along the passageway, down
the steps, through the other set of ticket barriers and finally onto
the Circle platform, chances are your Victoria Line train has already
reached Oxford Circus, where it's a fairly easy change.

(OK, it's an exaggeration. But probably only by one or two minutes.)

Annabel Smyth July 22nd 04 09:45 AM

Stanstaed to Paddington

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 at 20:47:46, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , Annabel
Smyth writes
Wouldn't it be better to get off the Victoria Line at King's Cross and
then take a Circle or Metropolitan or Hammersmith & City train to
Paddington?

The change at Kings Cross is convoluted at the best of times. And with
the rebuilding work, worse. You also end up having to lug your bags up
over a bridge at Paddington, rather than using an escalator.

I thought it must be something like that. Thanks.