London Banter

-   -   Euros on the tube (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1994-euros-tube.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht August 4th 04 08:09 AM

Euros on the tube

(Neil Williams)typed

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:52:35 +0100, Phil Richards
wrote:

Whatever, it's bound to be a rip-off rate of exchange. By far the best
way for someone arriving in the UK (or anywhere else come to think of it)
for the first time without any local currency in hand is to withdraw cash
from an ATM using a debit card.

Agreed, with one exception, namely that I (nor anyone I know) have
never been able to get a British card to work in a cash machine in
Belgium, despite my/their cards and said machine both carrying a Visa
logo.

Neil

I managed to get my RBS Highline card to work in Italy, but each €250
withdrawal cost around £8

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.