London Banter

-   -   CTRL (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2003-ctrl.html)

Paul Weaver August 4th 04 03:18 PM

CTRL

"Richard J." wrote in message
Paul Weaver wrote:
As I understand it, in 2007, the Rail Link will mean you can travel
non-stop from Paris to Calais, a quick halt to pick up stragglers,
and race through the tunnel to Ashford. Then you change from an
express service to a local service, stopping at Ebbsfleet,
Stratford, and then London, 3 stops in 10 miles, taking forever to
get into London.

What makes you think that *every* Eurostar will stop at Ebbsfleet and
Stratford?

Impression I get from the media reports. Also the line will be used by
commuter trains, meaning lots of lovely delays.

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.

Henry August 4th 04 03:49 PM

CTRL

"Paul Weaver" wrote ...

Impression I get from the media reports.

Don't believe everything you see in the media - they are renowned for
getting things totally wrong!

If they don't know, they just make up what they think people want to see.