London Banter

-   -   Underground Stations that don't have the letters from Underground in them (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2123-underground-stations-dont-have-letters.html)

Kevin September 3rd 04 12:27 PM

Underground Stations that don't have the letters from Underground in them

Somebody has started one of those silly challenges in the office.
There are apparently only two stations on the underground that don't
have any letters from the word underground in them. We got Balham
quite quickly but cannot find the second so what is it.

Kevin

David FitzGerald September 3rd 04 12:53 PM

Underground Stations that don't have the letters from Underground in them

Somebody has started one of those silly challenges in the office.
There are apparently only two stations on the underground that don't
have any letters from the word underground in them. We got Balham
quite quickly but cannot find the second so what is it.

Blackwall... DRL, though.

Sir Benjamin Nunn September 3rd 04 01:41 PM

Underground Stations that don't have the letters from Underground in them

"Kevin" wrote in message
om...
Somebody has started one of those silly challenges in the office.
There are apparently only two stations on the underground that don't
have any letters from the word underground in them. We got Balham
quite quickly but cannot find the second so what is it.

Arnos Grove. Think about it.

BTN

Dr John Stockton September 3rd 04 10:08 PM

Underground Stations that don't have the letters from Underground in them

JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 3 Sep 2004 05:27:20, seen in news:uk.transport.london, Kevin
posted :
Somebody has started one of those silly challenges in the office.
There are apparently only two stations on the underground that don't
have any letters from the word underground in them. We got Balham
quite quickly but cannot find the second so what is it.

C:\HOMEPAGEmtr -x+ -o \ephemera\lon-tube - ^[^underground]+$
Balham
Blackwall

C:\HOMEPAGEmtr -x+ -o \ephemera\lon-tube - ^[^england]+$
Bow Church
Cyprus

Only one station has none of the letters of "Buckingham Palace".
Only one station has none of the letters of "Fish and Chips".

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 MIME. ©
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

Richard J. September 3rd 04 10:28 PM

Dr John Stockton wrote:
JRS: In article ,
dated Fri, 3 Sep 2004 05:27:20, seen in news:uk.transport.london,
Kevin posted :
Somebody has started one of those silly challenges in the office.
There are apparently only two stations on the underground that
don't have any letters from the word underground in them. We got
Balham quite quickly but cannot find the second so what is it.

C:\HOMEPAGEmtr -x+ -o \ephemera\lon-tube - ^[^underground]+$
Balham
Blackwall

C:\HOMEPAGEmtr -x+ -o \ephemera\lon-tube - ^[^england]+$
Bow Church
Cyprus

Blackwall, Bow Church and Cyprus are DLR stations, not Underground
stations.
--
Richard J.