London Banter

-   -   Cheap Day Returns validity (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2134-cheap-day-returns-validity.html)

Paul Weaver September 6th 04 05:29 PM

Cheap Day Returns validity

When are they valid? I commute in from Twyford to White city vai Ealing
Broadway. According to nationalrail.co.uk, taking into account my YP
railcard, a peak day return from TWY to EBY is £14.60, off peak A CDR on the
09:04 is £7.90, and a CDR on the 10:27 is £5.20.

It's then another £3 return from EB to White City, making the total £17.60
peak, £10.90 semi-peak, £8.20 off peak.

However this morning I couldn't buy a CDR until the 09:24 train. Instead I
got a Day Single YP for £8 from TWY to "U23" with "Route LONDN REALING CM/W
ACTN 0849", and a Day Single from U23 to Twyford Valid "LONDN ON DATE SHOWN"
for £6.35. Total £14.35.

How confusing?

So, what's the cheapest allowed fare on the 09:04 out and returning on the
22:17 or 22:49

--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.