London Banter

-   -   Best Station for Luton Airport... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2189-best-station-luton-airport.html)

Marcus Fox September 19th 04 11:27 PM

Best Station for Luton Airport...

What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from London?

Marcus

Jack Taylor September 20th 04 12:05 AM

Best Station for Luton Airport...

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...
What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from

London?

Thameslink train to Luton Airport Parkway station.

[email protected] September 20th 04 12:51 AM

Best Station for Luton Airport...

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:27:08 GMT, "Marcus Fox"
wrote:

What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from London?

Marcus

Train from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway

Annabel Smyth September 20th 04 09:28 AM

Marcus Fox wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 19 Sep 2004:

What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from London?

Thameslink trains - these days, I think, they are not running
cross-London due to works at St Pancras/King's Cross, so you have to
catch your train at St Pancras station. Get off at Luton Airport
Parkway, and there is a free shuttle bus to the Airport.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Marcus Fox September 20th 04 02:00 PM

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Marcus Fox wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 19 Sep 2004:

What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from

London?

Thameslink trains - these days, I think, they are not running
cross-London due to works at St Pancras/King's Cross, so you have to
catch your train at St Pancras station. Get off at Luton Airport
Parkway, and there is a free shuttle bus to the Airport.

So thats a Thameslink Train from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway?

Marcus

Peter Lawrence September 20th 04 06:50 PM

Best Station for Luton Airport...

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:55:13 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

Marcus Fox wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 20 Sep 2004:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Marcus Fox wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 19 Sep 2004:

What's the best way to get to Luton Airport by public transport from

London?

Thameslink trains - these days, I think, they are not running
cross-London due to works at St Pancras/King's Cross, so you have to
catch your train at St Pancras station. Get off at Luton Airport
Parkway, and there is a free shuttle bus to the Airport.

So thats a Thameslink Train from St Pancras to Luton Airport Parkway?

Yes.

There is also Arriva/Greenline bus 757 from Victoria/Marble Arch/Baker
Street/Finchley Road/Brent Cross, see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?P27551459.
--
Peter Lawrence