Old September 28th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tab tab is offline

Default taxi cost? kings cross-westminster?

Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?
Any help appreciated
TIA

Please Remove the spam trap to reply direct.

Old September 28th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tab" typed

Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?
Any help appreciated
TIA

Please Remove the spam trap to reply direct.

What time of day will you be travelling?

If it's congested, the fare can double.
I'm picking 'about £10' out of the air.

The distance is a little less than 3 miles.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old September 28th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , tab
writes

Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

As Helen said, it depends when (taxis are more in the evenings and at
weekends) and how busy it is - £10 is probably the minimum.

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?

You can go directly from King's Cross to Pimlico on the Victoria line.
You don't have to change and it will take about 13 minutes (which will
almost certainly be quicker than by taxi). Fare is £2.

The hotel is about 10 mins walk from Pimlico station - or you could get
a very short taxi ride if you have luggage,

--
Paul Terry
Old September 28th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tab tab is offline

Thanks Helen
Will be around 11am on a friday end of October.

"tab" typed

Old September 29th 04, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"tab" typed

Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?
Any help appreciated
TIA

Please Remove the spam trap to reply direct.

What time of day will you be travelling?

If it's congested, the fare can double.
I'm picking 'about £10' out of the air.

The distance is a little less than 3 miles.

-------------------------------
If you are picking £10.00 out of the air that means you don't really know so
why bother to post,I will state a fact which has not been picked out of the
air,you are a "****wit"

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old September 29th 04, 01:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , tab
writes
Not sure if asking in the correct news group.
I need to know the approx cost of a taxi from kings cross to City Inn
Hotel,Westminster!

Depends upon time and traffic conditions. Fare would be about £15 plus
or minus a couple of pounds.

Make sure you only use a licensed taxi (commonly known as 'black cabs'
although they come in different colours now). The taxi rank is inside
the station next to the platform on the E side (can't remember the
platform number, but if you are on the concourse looking at the tracks
it's the one farthest right) and the exit is in York Way.

I know the tube will be cheaper but is is a straight forward journey and
approx cost?

City Inn Hotel is quite a walk from Pimlico station, especially if you
have luggage, and it's not easy to find of you don't know where it is.

Any help appreciated

Hope this helps you.

Mike
(a London taxi driver)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old September 29th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mike Hughes
writes
The taxi rank is inside the station next to the platform on the E side
(can't remember the platform number, but if you are on the concourse
looking at the tracks it's the one farthest right) and the exit is in
York Way.

Platform 1, though there are plans to build platform 0 under the arches.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old September 30th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

In article , Mike
Hughes writes
The taxi rank is inside the station next to the platform on the E side
(can't remember the platform number, but if you are on the concourse
looking at the tracks it's the one farthest right) and the exit is in York
Way.

Platform 1, though there are plans to build platform 0 under the arches.

What, not platform 9 3/4????
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old October 1st 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

A taxi fare from Kings X Stn to City Inn, Westminster, before 7am is about
£12, after that time it's about £13, depending on traffic congestion at Kings
X Stn and Trafalgar Square. I'll give you a tip, don't wait at the Kings X cab
rank, but walk out the front and cross Euston road and pick up a cab going
West, this alone will save you about £3 or more and be quiker, especially in
rush hour traffic. Reason for this is that on leaving the cab rank the cab has
to go up York Way, right into Wharfdale Rd, then right into Caledonian Rd,
which is one way, this road is very congested because of the triangle one way
system and the Eurostar bulding works. By the time you've gone round the block
you're pratically back at square one, front of the station, with about £4 or
more on the meter and 20 minutes down the drain, when all you had to do is exit
at the front, cross the road and catch a cab going West.
Regds
John
Old October 3rd 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:23:26
on Fri, 1 Oct 2004, John Nuts remarked:
I'll give you a tip, don't wait at the Kings X cab
rank, but walk out the front and cross Euston road and pick up a cab going
West, this alone will save you about £3 or more and be quiker, especially in
rush hour traffic. Reason for this is that on leaving the cab rank the cab has
to go up York Way, right into Wharfdale Rd, then right into Caledonian Rd,
which is one way, this road is very congested because of the triangle one way
system and the Eurostar bulding works. By the time you've gone round the block
you're pratically back at square one, front of the station, with about £4 or
more on the meter and 20 minutes down the drain, when all you had to do is exit
at the front, cross the road and catch a cab going West.

This is very good advice. Caught me out last time I got a cab at KX!

Another work-around if you arrive at KX 8 or 9-11 is to head for the cab
rank outside St Pancras Temporary, which is closer than either the KX
rank or Euston Rd.