London Banter

-   -   Tube station visit record broken (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2221-tube-station-visit-record-broken.html)

Tony Bryer September 29th 04 05:23 PM

Tube station visit record broken

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

Tony Bryer

Annabel Smyth September 29th 04 06:23 PM

Tony Bryer wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

How sad.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Greg Hennessy September 29th 04 08:00 PM

Tube station visit record broken

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:23:01 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

How sad.

Beat me to it.
--
SB: Wait, you mean the costumes themselves give you super powers?
MM: Of course! Why else would we fly around in coloured undies?

Joe September 29th 04 09:14 PM

Annabel Smyth wrote:
"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

AT LAST!! Bet he's happy.

How sad.

So are you, I don't laugh at your interests and what you enjoy, Im sure
he doesnt either.
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

Robert Gordon September 29th 04 09:54 PM

Annabel Smyth wrote:
Tony Bryer wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

How sad.

Oh I've seen much more daft things than that being done! Well done to
them though, can't say it's something I'd ever want to do. I would
however want to visit one or two of the disused stations but LTM have
not done any visits since 2000.

--
Robert Gordon
http://m33p.be

John Rowland September 29th 04 10:04 PM

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Tony Bryer wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground
stations has been broken by 43 minutes.

How sad.

Why? It's exercise... like ice-skating, but a lot more physically demanding
and with more varied scenery.

Anyway, respect to the guy - to beat it is something, but to beat it by 43
minutes! Wow.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Jack Taylor September 29th 04 11:03 PM

Tube station visit record broken

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Tony Bryer wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

How sad.

One of the previous holders was a contestant on "Countdown" recently!

Sam Holloway September 30th 04 09:54 AM

wrote:
Tony Bryer wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

Geoff Marshall, 32, from Epsom, Surrey, and Neil Blake, 31, from
Deptford, south-east London, recorded a time of 18 hours, 35 minutes
and 43 seconds."

How sad.

Shame you see it that way. It's quite an achievement, maybe not on the
global scale of things, but it's certainly good exercise!

Congratulations to Geoff: I know he's been after this for a while. His
website (http://www.geofftech.co.uk/) details all his previous
attempts. I think if someone's achieved their ambition, you shouldn't
knock it.

Sam

K September 30th 04 10:14 AM

Tube station visit record broken

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:23:52 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

"The record for visiting all 275 London Underground stations has been
broken by 43 minutes.

"But they finished so late - 0005 BST - that they could not take a
Tube home and had to hire a minicab."

What did they expect?

Henry September 30th 04 11:28 AM

Tube station visit record broken

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message

If they do try Paris, is it a greater or lesser challenge than London?