Old October 12th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Public Footpaths

Enough of all this talk about cars and trains and buses. Let's discuss
the single most essential form of transport: -- walking.

I've been working my way round the London Loop walk (a collection of
public footpaths around the edge of Greater London) and some of them are
in a terrible state. For example, last week I did the section from
Hatch End, and the footpath between Grimsdyke Road, Colburn Ave. and
Sylvia Ave. (along the back of Derwent Ave.) was almost totally
overgrown with brambles, making it very difficult to walk along. The
stiles at the Grimsdyke Road end were also badly designed, and
impossible to climb over easily. (Don't worry, I won't make a pun about
a bad style of stile!)

So, do you know which council is responsible for that area, and which
department handles public footpaths? Does anyone know the address I
should write to and complain?

And is this more evidence that councils are actually pursuing an
anti-pedestrian agenda instead of an anti-motorist one?

Old October 12th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Solar Penguin wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

So, do you know which council is responsible for that area, and which
department handles public footpaths? Does anyone know the address I
should write to and complain?

I don't, but the Ramblers' Association would be the body to whom, in the
first instance, you should address yourself.
http://www.ramblers.org.uk/
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

You want the London Borough of Harrow
Cheerz,
Baz

Old October 12th 04, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:20:17 +0100, "Marratxi"
wrote:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
Solar Penguin wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

So, do you know which council is responsible for that area, and which
department handles public footpaths? Does anyone know the address I
should write to and complain?

I don't, but the Ramblers' Association would be the body to whom, in the
first instance, you should address yourself.
http://www.ramblers.org.uk/

You want the London Borough of Harrow

TfL will pass your message on to the appropriate authority:

http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/newfault.shtml

There's a category for reporting a FOOTWAY DEFECT which might get a response.
It certainly works for me when I request graffiti be removed from a certain
footbridge in Richmond-u-T.

Old October 13th 04, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

--- Marc Brett said:

wrote:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
the Ramblers' Association would be the body to whom, in the
first instance, you should address yourself.
http://www.ramblers.org.uk/

You want the London Borough of Harrow

TfL will pass your message on to the appropriate authority:

http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/newfault.shtml

There's a category for reporting a FOOTWAY DEFECT which might get a

response.

Thanks everyone. I'll give these a try.