Old October 14th 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Elephant and Castle - Greasy Spoon..?

Slightly o/t and apols for that, but I'm going to be in the E&C area and
need a proper greasy spoon for the serious breako.. ideally in the
direction of Lambeth North, Borough Road area as opposed to the New Kent
Road sort of direction. McD's and similar places don't count, it's got
to be the proper job.

Any suggestions..?

Old October 15th 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , tfp ntl
writes
Slightly o/t and apols for that, but I'm going to be in the E&C area
and need a proper greasy spoon for the serious breako.. ideally in the
direction of Lambeth North, Borough Road area as opposed to the New
Kent Road sort of direction. McD's and similar places don't count, it's
got to be the proper job.

Any suggestions..?

Island Cafe, Union Street corner of Southwark Bridge Road. Used by lots
of taxi drivers.

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old October 15th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Until I moved jobs six months ago I used to frequent quite a nice one
in Waterloo Rd, just north of St George' Circus, almost next door to a
dentist. Can't remember the name.
Old October 15th 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What about the Court Cafe on Newington Butts, opposite the Crown Court?

Also, the Crown Court itself does superb full English breakfasts (public
cafeteria in basement).

Marc.
Old October 17th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

thanks all for suggestions... appreciated.