Old October 24th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Green Park closed & evacuated Saturday?

I was on a Piccadilly line train Saturday morning and the driver
announced that it would not stop at Green Park. It did, in fact, stop,
but the doors did not open and I could hear announcements in the station
telling people to evacuate. Later in the day the station seemed to be fine.

Can anyone tell me what happened?
--
Michael Hoffman

Old October 24th 04, 06:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote:
I was on a Piccadilly line train Saturday morning and the driver
announced that it would not stop at Green Park. It did, in fact, stop,
but the doors did not open and I could hear announcements in the
station telling people to evacuate. Later in the day the station
seemed to be fine.

While at another station I heard an announcement to the effect that Green
Park had been closed due to "defective safety equipment"

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments

Old October 27th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

While at another station I heard an announcement to the effect that Green
Park had been closed due to "defective safety equipment"

With signals being safety equipment, is this another way of saying "Signal Failure"?
Old October 28th 04, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Chris
writes
While at another station I heard an announcement to the effect that Green
Park had been closed due to "defective safety equipment"

With signals being safety equipment, is this another way of saying
"Signal Failure"?

Nah, usually means the fire alarm has gone defective. Had it been
signals they'd have been queuing back to Acton in short order.
Old October 28th 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Chris
writes
While at another station I heard an announcement to the effect that Green
Park had been closed due to "defective safety equipment"

With signals being safety equipment, is this another way of saying
"Signal Failure"?

Not usually; it's more likely to be a defective sprinkler system or
something like that.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

Old October 28th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in
message ...
I was on a Piccadilly line train Saturday morning and the driver
announced that it would not stop at Green Park. It did, in fact, stop,
but the doors did not open and I could hear announcements in the station
telling people to evacuate. Later in the day the station seemed to be

fine.

Can anyone tell me what happened?

Defective public address system. Just to settle all the arguements later in
the thread.

Victoria LU ticket windows & machines closed weekend just gone Mizter T London Transport 11 November 2nd 10 08:53 PM
Green Park station, changing from Victoria to Piccadilly d London Transport 3 January 10th 07 11:32 PM
F&*&%^& toilets Tristán White London Transport 18 November 10th 06 08:57 PM
Green Park Matt Ashby London Transport 5 May 29th 04 12:59 AM
Green Park layout Sam Holloway London Transport 3 October 14th 03 07:25 PM