London Banter

-   -   Anyone here use bus route 100 regularly? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2321-anyone-here-use-bus-route.html)

Rupert Candy October 25th 04 08:49 AM

Anyone here use bus route 100 regularly?

As a long-suffering resident of a corner of South London where "Travel
London" have a virtual monopoly (at the moment) on useful bus routes,
I'd be interested to hear how the performance of route 100 has changed
since they took over from Stagecoach. I'd also be interested to hear
how people cope with seeing that pink and blue interior every
morning...

Paul Mawdsley October 26th 04 09:07 AM

(Rupert Candy) wrote in message . com...
As a long-suffering resident of a corner of South London where "Travel
London" have a virtual monopoly (at the moment) on useful bus routes,
I'd be interested to hear how the performance of route 100 has changed
since they took over from Stagecoach. I'd also be interested to hear
how people cope with seeing that pink and blue interior every
morning...

The feedback I've heard from neighbours in Wapping is that the service
has improved since the takeover - a much more frequent and regular
stream of buses. And whenever a new bus drives past, you get a lovely
whiff of that fresh-out-of-the-showroom new car smell!

Paul.

Martin Smith October 28th 04 09:22 PM

On 25 Oct 2004 01:49:05 -0700, Rupert Candy wrote:
As a long-suffering resident of a corner of South London where "Travel
London" have a virtual monopoly (at the moment) on useful bus routes,
I'd be interested to hear how the performance of route 100 has changed
since they took over from Stagecoach. I'd also be interested to hear
how people cope with seeing that pink and blue interior every
morning...

well, I dont use them regularly, but I wait at stops they use,
particularly in Blackfriars road and at tower hill on a regular
basis, there have been a lot more of them around during the last
week, in fact I took one from Blackfriars to London Wall a couple
of days ago, very comfy, very friendly driver too.

--
Martin Smith