London Banter

-   -   On the subject of inclined platforms... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2345-subject-inclined-platforms.html)

Charlie Pearce November 1st 04 06:49 PM

On the subject of inclined platforms...

I just came across the picture of the Lyons metro :-)

http://images.nycsubway.org//i22000/img_22933.jpg

Charlie

--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs

Nick Leverton November 1st 04 11:23 PM

On the subject of inclined platforms...

In article ,
Charlie Pearce wrote:
I just came across the picture of the Lyons metro :-)

http://images.nycsubway.org//i22000/img_22933.jpg

What's doubly strange is that the Metro is sloping downhill whereas the
ground behind it is apparently going uphill !

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself ...

Roland Perry November 2nd 04 03:48 PM

On the subject of inclined platforms...

In message , at 00:23:05 on Tue, 2 Nov
2004, Nick Leverton remarked:
What's doubly strange is that the Metro is sloping downhill whereas the
ground behind it is apparently going uphill !

Perhaps it's descending into a tunnel, the line of houses at the top
right suggests this is the case.

Richard J. November 2nd 04 04:08 PM

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 00:23:05 on Tue,
2 Nov 2004, Nick Leverton remarked:
What's doubly strange is that the Metro is sloping downhill
whereas the ground behind it is apparently going uphill !

Perhaps it's descending into a tunnel, the line of houses at the top
right suggests this is the case.

It is indeed, but there's another tunnel at the top end of the platform!

The photo is of Croix-Paquet station on Line C. Gradient is 17% (1 in
6). More info and photos at http://world.nycsubway.org/eu/fr/lyon-metro

--
Richard J.

TheOneKEA November 2nd 04 10:09 PM

Charlie Pearce wrote in message . ..
I just came across the picture of the Lyons metro :-)

http://images.nycsubway.org//i22000/img_22933.jpg

Charlie

I think I just heard about twenty blood vessels burst simultaneously.

"This station is Crystal Palace. Please mind the incline."

!!!!