Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 04, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:21:00, Mrs Redboots wrote:

Jim Crowther wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 10 Nov 2004:

(OT, Annabel, you seem to have your From: and Reply-to: the wrong
way round - your From: *will* be harvested, and your Reply-to: won't
work.)

Do I? Thanks. Will sort it (but haven't as yet!).

Now have tried to, but there doesn't seem a way to do this in my
newsreader! I mean, I can mung the reply-to field, but don't seem to be
able to do the From field. Anybody else use Turnpike and know how to
other than manually every message, which is a bore?

Looks like you've got it just about right now.

For future reference, in Configure/Personalities, highlight the
personality you use here, put the munged (nospam.demon.co.uk) domain in
'Domain', and a suitable, working, but preferably filterable and
disposable address in the 'Reply-to'. If you click on the 'Advanced'
tab you can also change the 'Sender' and the domain used for the Message
ID, both of which are also harvested. Any further questions will get
better answers in demon.ip.support.turnpike.

Use CtrlH on this message to see an example.

This is OT, so follow-ups set to 'poster'.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)

Always learning.