Old November 18th 04, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Car parking around Craven Cottage

"Stimpy" wrote in message
Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

Well, I travel to games via public transport, and in that regard the
Madjeski is a ****ing nightmare.

Was Elm Park really that much closer to the station?

It was certainly easily walkable from Reading West.

--
Richard

Old November 19th 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Please, please, please do NOT drive to Fulham and do NOT park your car in our
already imossible-to-park-in-for-residents' streets.

Marc.

Who do you inflict your car on when you drive somewhere or do you go
everywhere by public transport?

Kevin
Old November 20th 04, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard Rundle wrote:

Well, I travel to games via public transport, and in that regard the
Madjeski is a ****ing nightmare.

Was Elm Park really that much closer to the station?

It was certainly easily walkable from Reading West.

D'oh!! I completely forgot about Rdg West!

Old November 27th 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Who do you inflict your car on when you drive somewhere or do you go
everywhere by public transport?

Kevin

I make sure that there is somewhere to park (preferably off-road) before I even
think about driving somewhere.

But, supposing my answer was "I don't have a car" - as it would have been for
the vast majority of my childhood (between 1975 and 1982) when my parents chose
not to have a car? That would not, in my view, make me a morally superior
person: the trick is to drive only when necessary - I certainly wouldn't drive
half the length of England to attend a football match!

Marc.