Old November 22nd 04, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Ebbsfleet vs Northfleet

Keith Spink wrote:
Hopefully if they ever build Crossrail we might get a link from Dartford

Ebbsfleet.

AIUI Crossrail intend to call their terminus Ebbsfleet Crossrail. The bad
news is that the likely location is adjacent to Northfleet station, rather
than adjacent to Ebbsfleet aka Dartford International.
Peter

I didn't realise that. What happened to the idea of integrated transport?
(joke ofcourse).

Keith Spink
InfoTransport (http://www.infotransport.co.uk)
Transport Images (http://www.transportimages.com/)

Building a Crossrail station at Ebbsfleet would most likely mean
improved pedestrian links between Northfleet, Ebbsfleet Crossrail and
Ebbsfleet International. There's not much point sending Crossrail on to
Ebbsfleet otherwise. Northfleet is only a matter of a few hundred metres
from Ebbsfleet Int'l anyway.

Don't be so pessimistic!

--
Dave Arquati