London Banter

-   -   Identifying a bus driver (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2424-identifying-bus-driver.html)

Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) November 20th 04 10:09 AM

Identifying a bus driver

In the "old days" bus drivers used to wear a badge with a number on them.
Nowadays they rarely do (In my experience).
If one wishes to complain about a driver, is their any way of identifying
who the driver is. If you ask him/her for his name or number should he tell
you?

--

Andrew Black
London

Stuart November 20th 04 11:29 AM

Identifying a bus driver

Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:

In the "old days" bus drivers used to wear a badge with a number on them.
Nowadays they rarely do (In my experience).
If one wishes to complain about a driver, is their any way of identifying
who the driver is. If you ask him/her for his name or number should he tell
you?

Surely you can give the bus company the registration number and
time/date and they should be able to trace the who was driving.

Some buses have the registration number on a sticker underneath the
contact details for the company/London Buses. I wonder how many people
make complaints from their mobiles while still on the bus?

Neil Williams November 20th 04 03:32 PM

Identifying a bus driver

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:29:11 GMT, Stuart
wrote:

Some buses have the registration number on a sticker underneath the
contact details for the company/London Buses. I wonder how many people
make complaints from their mobiles while still on the bus?

It's a pity that the local cowboy operators around MK don't have such
stickers, as I can think of a number of occasions when I've wanted to
complain about a driver immediately, such as when they use mobile
phones while driving.

Neil

[email protected] November 21st 04 01:11 PM

Identifying a bus driver

In article ,
(Andrew Black (delete obvious bit)) wrote:

In the "old days" bus drivers used to wear a badge with a number on
them. Nowadays they rarely do (In my experience).
If one wishes to complain about a driver, is their any way of
identifying who the driver is. If you ask him/her for his name or
number should he tell you?

--

Andrew Black
London

Most of the London buses have the running ID (or whatever they call it)
removable plate, like a stencil, on the side of the bus near the doors.
Try and make a note of that as well.

Roger
(my reader sometimes loses mail/newsgroup messages
- if you think you should have had a reply/comment,
please e-mail me again. Ta!)