Old November 24th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Infants.

I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's
just before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at
which he needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all
concerned.
--
Clive.

Old November 24th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive Coleman" wrote in message
I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's just
before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at which he
needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all concerned.

On the Tube under 5's travel free, but on buses under 11's travel free.

Peter

Old November 24th 04, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive Coleman typed

I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's
just before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at
which he needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all
concerned.

Under 5s are free on the Tube. Under 11s are free on the buses. Life is
simpler if they have a Photocard.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 24th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's
just before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at
which he needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all
concerned.

Under fives are free on tubes and DLR (when accompanied!). I believe this
also applies to trains. Max two children per fare paying adult.

Under elevens are free on buses and tramlink (under elevens who look older
might need age 5-10 photocards to prove their age).

Old November 24th 04, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

"Clive Coleman" wrote in message
I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's just
before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at which he
needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all concerned.

On the Tube under 5's travel free, but on buses under 11's travel free.

I should also point out that it can be cheaper to pay for the child even if
they are under 5 if you get a family travelcard. E.g. a adult 1-6 travelcard
is £5.40 but a family 1-6 travelcard is £3.60 for the adult and 80p for the
child, total £4.40.

Peter Smyth

Old November 24th 04, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:48:53 -0000, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

"Clive Coleman" wrote in message
I am thinking of bringing my grandson to see the "Magic" of Hamley's just
before Christmas. Can someone please post the correct age at which he
needs to be paid for on public transport? Thanks to all concerned.

On the Tube under 5's travel free, but on buses under 11's travel free.

Also remember that you can buy a Family Travelcard even if the child
is under age for needing a ticket to reduce your own fare.

Example:
Zone 1-2 Adult Travelcard: £4.30
Zone 1-4 Adult Travelcard: £4.70

Zone 1-2 Family Travelcard (1 adult & 1 child £2.80 + £0.80): £3.60
Zone 1-4 Family Travelcard (1 adult & 1 child £3.10 + £0.80): £3.90

Even better on the weekend as child is free - but a ticket for travel
will be issued.

Even better value for grandparents who normally don't have to look
after the little 'un, but still can get a cheaper fare... ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.
Old November 24th 04, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jason typed

Even better value for grandparents who normally don't have to look
after the little 'un, but still can get a cheaper fare... ;-)

Psurely many London grandparents have Freedom Passes?...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 24th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I should also point out that it can be cheaper to pay for the child even if
they are under 5 if you get a family travelcard. E.g. a adult 1-6 travelcard
is £5.40 but a family 1-6 travelcard is £3.60 for the adult and 80p for the
child, total £4.40.

Peter Smyth

If only I could borrow a child whilst travelling - it would be so much cheaper
Old November 25th 04, 06:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:30:35 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

Jason typed

Even better value for grandparents who normally don't have to look
after the little 'un, but still can get a cheaper fare... ;-)

Psurely many London grandparents have Freedom Passes?...

But, on the other hand, you can be a grandpparent for several decades
before you even get a sniff of a Freedom Pass!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk