London Banter

-   -   Wendys at Heathrow (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2464-wendys-heathrow.html)

CIG_BIG_CIG November 28th 04 08:41 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

Think I can get away with this here as it is at an airport!!

Just wondered if anyone knew when and why the only remaining Wendys in
the U.K was taken away from T3 arrivals at Heathrow?

Troy Steadman November 29th 04 06:53 AM

Wendys at Heathrow

"CIG_BIG_CIG" wrote in message
om

Think I can get away with this here as it is at an airport!!

Just wondered if anyone knew when and why the only remaining Wendys in
the U.K was taken away from T3 arrivals at Heathrow?

Does that mean the Hounslow Wendys is closed? I hadn't noticed, mind you
I haven't been there for 3 years.

[on a bus].

Paul Cummins November 29th 04 12:38 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

In article ilgate.org,
(Troy Steadman) wrote:

Does that mean the Hounslow Wendys is closed? I hadn't noticed, mind you
I haven't been there for 3 years.

What about the Croydon Wendys? I was in there at least twice a week in the
mid 90's

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Ian F. November 29th 04 01:13 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message

What about the Croydon Wendys? I was in there at least twice a week in the
mid 90's

I think Wendy's closed its UK operation some years ago. They only ever got
up to a few branches.

Ian

Helen Deborah Vecht November 29th 04 02:01 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

"Ian F." typed

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message

What about the Croydon Wendys? I was in there at least twice a week in the
mid 90's

I think Wendy's closed its UK operation some years ago. They only ever got
up to a few branches.

Ian

I thought I passed one in Ruislip yesterday but it was wet, with poor
visibility...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Grebbsy McLaren November 29th 04 04:04 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

It was a dark and stormy night when Ian F. wrote
in article ...
"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
.. .

What about the Croydon Wendys? I was in there at least twice a week in the
mid 90's

I think Wendy's closed its UK operation some years ago. They only ever got
up to a few branches.

The one at King's Cross is now ANOTHER McDonald's.
--
"All vampires suck, but not all who suck are vampires."
(--B.J.Kuehl)

:::Grebbsy :::::::lemon curry?:::

Mrs Redboots November 29th 04 05:02 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

Grebbsy McLaren wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 29 Nov 2004:

It was a dark and stormy night when Ian F. wrote
in article ...
"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
. ..

What about the Croydon Wendys? I was in there at least twice a week in the
mid 90's

I think Wendy's closed its UK operation some years ago. They only ever got
up to a few branches.

The one at King's Cross is now ANOTHER McDonald's.

As, indeed, the one in Oxford Street has been for some years now.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Fossil December 1st 04 01:09 AM

Wendys at Heathrow

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Grebbsy McLaren wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 29 Nov 2004:
As, indeed, the one in Oxford Street has been for some years now.

Ditto with the one in Shaftesbury Avenue..

Martin Smith December 1st 04 02:11 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 02:09:05 -0000, Fossil wrote:
"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Grebbsy McLaren wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 29 Nov 2004:
As, indeed, the one in Oxford Street has been for some years now.

Ditto with the one in Shaftesbury Avenue..

likwise the Peckham one.

--
Martin

Stimpy December 2nd 04 09:21 PM

Wendys at Heathrow

Martin Smith wrote:

Grebbsy McLaren wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 29 Nov 2004:
As, indeed, the one in Oxford Street has been for some years now.

Ditto with the one in Shaftesbury Avenue..

likwise the Peckham one.

....and the one at Magwr services on the M4