London Banter

-   -   New Years Eve (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2474-new-years-eve.html)

Wanderingjew698 December 1st 04 06:12 PM

New Years Eve

What time does the Tube close?

Chris December 1st 04 06:28 PM

New Years Eve

I'm pretty sure it doesn't close at all on NYE except for certain stations
(Leicester Square, etc.)

Malcolm & Nika December 1st 04 07:19 PM

New Years Eve

Working right through but with a reduced service....branches (like Rayners)
will get about 30 minute service and lines 15 minute service.

. ..

redtube December 2nd 04 11:18 AM

New Years Eve

"Malcolm & Nika" wrote in message
Working right through but with a reduced service....branches (like

Rayners)
will get about 30 minute service and lines 15 minute service.

er has someone forgotten the drivers here and whether they are actually
gonna work thru the night?
as far as i know [AFAIK] nothing has been settled on the pay yet for this

[u be surprised the number of ppl that ask me what the heck AFAIK is well
there it is and that is what it means]

Ian F. December 2nd 04 02:51 PM

New Years Eve

"redtube" wrote in message

er
gonna
thru
ppl

AFAIK was about the only thing in your post that I *did* understand!

;-)

Ian

Malcolm & Nika December 2nd 04 04:24 PM

New Years Eve

Drivers all sorted....volunteers beeg queing up and no special incentive
other than a payment, (small), for changing from the shift they would be
doing.

Steve Fitzgerald December 2nd 04 10:01 PM

New Years Eve

In message ,
Wanderingjew698 writes
What time does the Tube close?

It doesn't.

Steve Fitzgerald December 2nd 04 10:04 PM

New Years Eve

In message ,
redtube writes

will get about 30 minute service and lines 15 minute service.

er has someone forgotten the drivers here and whether they are actually
gonna work thru the night?
as far as i know [AFAIK] nothing has been settled on the pay yet for this

To the best of my knowledge we have a fully manned (29 drivers) roster
for that night at Arnos Grove anyway. I know I'm booked to finish at
04:48 anyway.

Mrs Redboots December 3rd 04 10:44 AM

New Years Eve

Steve Fitzgerald wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 2 Dec 2004:

To the best of my knowledge we have a fully manned (29 drivers) roster
for that night at Arnos Grove anyway. I know I'm booked to finish at
04:48 anyway.

Almost worth going out then just to wish you a Happy New Year when the
time comes! Actually, my daughter and her partner did once go out on
New Year's Eve in central London and try to get home by Tube afterwards
- she said NEVER AGAIN! Trains were crowded and impossible to get on
to, so they ended up walking "for miles" before finally getting a bus.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Steve Fitzgerald December 3rd 04 08:23 PM

New Years Eve

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes

Almost worth going out then just to wish you a Happy New Year when the
time comes! Actually, my daughter and her partner did once go out on
New Year's Eve in central London and try to get home by Tube afterwards
- she said NEVER AGAIN! Trains were crowded and impossible to get on
to, so they ended up walking "for miles" before finally getting a bus.

Well if you insist. I'm booked to board an Eastbound train at Acton
Town at 23:59!