London Banter

-   -   Vauxhall Cross bus station is open (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2490-vauxhall-cross-bus-station-open.html)

Fossil December 4th 04 10:47 PM

Vauxhall Cross bus station is open

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station.. went
there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far away from the
underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g. 77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use, not
sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while.. with more
exercise as a bonus!

Fossil

Mrs Redboots December 5th 04 07:42 AM

Fossil wrote to uk.transport.london on Sat, 4 Dec 2004:

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station.. went
there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far away from the
underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g. 77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use, not
sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while.. with more
exercise as a bonus!

I hadn't realised it only opened yesterday - we happened to drive past
at about 10.00 am (and again at about 11.00 pm) and it was in use, but
I'd no idea it was its very first day! And in the evening buses were
driving down the dedicated bus-lane in the middle of Vauxhall Bridge....
I shall have to explore.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Colin Rosenstiel December 5th 04 02:10 PM

Vauxhall Cross bus station is open

In article ,

*Subject:* Vauxhall Cross bus station is open
*From:* "Fossil"
*Date:* Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:47:57 -0000

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station.. went
there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far away
from the
underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g. 77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use, not
sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while.. with
more
exercise as a bonus!

Does this mean I can cycle from Nine Elms Lane to Albert Embankment
without having to fight my way through bus queues like I did on Friday
morning, then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Dave Arquati December 5th 04 08:23 PM

Vauxhall Cross bus station is open

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,

*From:* "Fossil"
*Date:* Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:47:57 -0000

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station.. went
there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far away
from the
underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g. 77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use, not
sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while.. with
more
exercise as a bonus!

Does this mean I can cycle from Nine Elms Lane to Albert Embankment
without having to fight my way through bus queues like I did on Friday
morning, then?

Buses should all be on the inner side of the gyratory as they access the
bus station - so hopefully yes.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Colin Rosenstiel December 5th 04 10:43 PM

Vauxhall Cross bus station is open

In article , (Dave Arquati)
wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Fossil) wrote:

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station..
went there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far
away from the underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g.
77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use,
not sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while..
with more exercise as a bonus!

Does this mean I can cycle from Nine Elms Lane to Albert Embankment
without having to fight my way through bus queues like I did on
Friday morning, then?

Buses should all be on the inner side of the gyratory as they access
the bus station - so hopefully yes.

Hooray! The proof will be in the pudding when I next go that way, probably
not until 15th/16th December, weather permitting.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

David December 6th 04 09:56 PM

Vauxhall Cross bus station is open

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:47:57 -0000, "Fossil"
wrote:

At 5:30am today according to the noticeboard in Vauxhall Station.. went
there a few times to take different buses.. some stops are far away from the
underground exit, e.g. 360 to E&C, some are close, e.g. 77A to Aldwych.

The bus stops outside M16 and St Georges Wharf are no longer in use, not
sure about the others.

Confusing at first, but you should get used to it after a while.. with more
exercise as a bonus!

I've only seen the roof when passing on a train, is it a future plan
to allow small aircraft to take off from it?

Dave

Mrs Redboots December 7th 04 01:29 PM

David wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 6 Dec 2004:

I've only seen the roof when passing on a train, is it a future plan
to allow small aircraft to take off from it?

No, no, it's the *buses* that take off.... what I don't know, is who is
camping in the huge Winnebago just underneath the take-off ramp?