London Banter

-   -   Tubelines on ebay (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2515-tubelines-ebay.html)

marcb December 8th 04 05:25 PM

Tubelines on ebay

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3858472

Nick Cooper December 9th 04 07:46 AM

Tubelines on ebay

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:25:34 GMT, marcb
wrote:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3858472

Any other eBay users spot the various errors in the 'Standard's
****-poor reporting of this? "Oooo! Look! They can get station dot
matrix displays for just 99p!" Yeah, right, apart from the fact that
the listing screen-grab they showed was clearly too small a display,
it had reserved price on a starting price of 99p, with a "Buy it Now"
of £180 - all hints that nobody was going to get it for "just 99p"!!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

Paul Weaver December 9th 04 06:25 PM

Tubelines on ebay

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:25:34 +0000, marcb wrote:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3858472

And?

We have to use ebay at times given some of our equipment is 20 years since
end-of-line. Nasa have bought stuff off ebay before, sometimes it's the
only way to get them. Not a problem either, as long as you test the stuff
you buy (as you should when you buy new too)

Colin Rosenstiel December 12th 04 08:59 PM

Tubelines on ebay

In article ,
(Paul Weaver) wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:25:34 +0000, marcb wrote:

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3858472

And?

We have to use ebay at times given some of our equipment is 20 years
since end-of-line. Nasa have bought stuff off ebay before, sometimes
it's the only way to get them. Not a problem either, as long as you test
the stuff you buy (as you should when you buy new too)

Precisely. When I saw the Standard placards I thought "good for them"!

--
Colin Rosenstiel