Old December 21st 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default More tube strike

Come on Boltar....you have to admit...thats not a real job.

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...

Clive Coleman wrote:
In message .com,
Boltar writes
And as for unsocial hours, pal, I've done overnight support work and

been at my desk at 3 in the morning so don't talk to
me about how the poor sausages driving the trains sometimes have to
knock
off
at 1am.

B2003

I've worked shift work all my life, are you boasting about being held

back to 3am one day?

Go find out what "overnight support work" in an IT enviroment entails.
B2003

Old December 22nd 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:29:22 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message , Jason
writes

Steve Norris made it clear he'd remove Bob Crow from the Board of TfL
(I think TfL - or was the Undergound?)

Bob Crowe resigned from the board of tfl last June:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3838961.stm

Does this mean the RMT don't have a member on the TfL board? Somehow I
doubt the RMT would let that happen! So, same ****, different
bucket...

--
Cheers,

Jason.
Old December 22nd 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jason wrote in uk.transport.london on Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:21:09 +0000
:

wrote:

Bob Crowe resigned from the board of tfl last June:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/3838961.stm

Does this mean the RMT don't have a member on the TfL board?

Yes.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/abt_board_2004.shtml

HTH

--
'charity begins at home'
- usually an excuse for not allowing it to get abroad
Old December 23rd 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Clive Coleman" wrote in message
In message , Brimstone
writes

Perhaps because in the UK everyone simply wants to rip everyone else off
and the concept of providing a good service is confused with being some
sort of lower class being?

"Perhaps because in the U.K. everyone simply wants to" be safe.

So one person doing the job of two or three is deemed safer?

Shane

Old December 23rd 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

1 fact about the Falklands now is that it has one of the biggest forces
base outside the UK but the Falklands Island Government makes the UK pay
to keep them there, they charge rent to the people who are there to
ensure there freedom!

Boltar wrote:
Yes indeed. I was no fan of Thatchers government but she did do a few
good things.
One was the Falklands , the other was smashing the militant unions.
Unfortunately
as with weeds, you can burn them, poison them, dig them up, but they
always
come back eventually if you stop paying attention. And thats whats
happening with
the unions here.

B2003

Old December 24th 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

General Von Clinkerhoffen wrote:
1 fact about the Falklands now is that it has one of the biggest

forces
base outside the UK but the Falklands Island Government makes the UK

pay
to keep them there, they charge rent to the people who are there to
ensure there freedom!

You sure about that? Sounds iffy to me. Point me in the direction of
some
info. It it is true then it stinks.

B2003

Old December 24th 04, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Guy Perry wrote:

Perhaps when you learn to read at a standard higher than that of a
5 year old and can actually follow a thread, you might be able to
figure
out that I was talking about leaving the salesman job.

I push you to the fact that your reply could have been mistaken and

the
above is all that comes to your mind?

Yes it could have been mistaken. By a halfwit or someone who didn't
bother
to follow the whole thread, jumped in the deep end , found he got the
wrong
end of the stick and tried to bluster his way out.

You must be of very poor education mate.

You can't follow a simple thread and you accuse me of a poor education?
You sound like 100% pure chav to me. Blaming someone else for your own
stupidity.

B2093

Old December 24th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
Door to door selling....couldn't and therefore wouldn't do it. I can

see you
need to spend a day on the railway. I can assure you that not all of

them
have air-con and some dont see daylight at all during the shift and
therefore at this time of year for upto 7 days at a time.
Sure its good money. But there is a bit more to it thatn moving a

lever.

Aww, diddums. Of course the rest of us that work upto 12/7 in a row and
never see any light are in the same boat, but we actually have to do
real work.

Old December 24th 04, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
ups.com...
Malcolm & Nika wrote:
Door to door selling....couldn't and therefore wouldn't do it. I can

see you
need to spend a day on the railway. I can assure you that not all of

them
have air-con and some dont see daylight at all during the shift and
therefore at this time of year for upto 7 days at a time.
Sure its good money. But there is a bit more to it thatn moving a

lever.

Aww, diddums. Of course the rest of us that work upto 12/7 in a row and
never see any light are in the same boat, but we actually have to do
real work.

Care to define "real work"?

Old December 25th 04, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

You can't follow a simple thread and you accuse me of a poor education?
You sound like 100% pure chav to me. Blaming someone else for your own
stupidity.

You're improving even further. If stupidity'd hurt you'd be crying your
arse off. Get your marbles together and play with them.