London Banter

-   -   Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2552-heathrow-piccadilly-line-closure.html)

Mait001 December 18th 04 06:28 PM

Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

Indeed. I am convinced that the redevelopment of King's Cross and St.
Pancras is going to turn out to be one of the biggest failures of all time.

Why? It all seems to be going quite well so far.

All that expense and disruption so that a few businessmen can get to Paris 10
minutes quicker?!

Marc.

Dave Arquati December 18th 04 08:30 PM

Mait001 wrote:
Indeed. I am convinced that the redevelopment of King's Cross and St.
Pancras is going to turn out to be one of the biggest failures of all time.

Why? It all seems to be going quite well so far.

All that expense and disruption so that a few businessmen can get to Paris 10
minutes quicker?!

Well, King's Cross Thameslink desperately needs replacing, and the
Thameslink blockade is for that purpose, so it's not just about Paris
(or even Kent, given domestic services will be running too). The problem
with fitting out Midland Road station is another matter, however...

The Underground station needed upgrading too regardless of the CTRL.
CTRL is the catalyst to get these upgrades going, so it can't be all bad.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Matt Wheeler December 18th 04 08:53 PM

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Mait001 wrote:
Indeed. I am convinced that the redevelopment of King's Cross and
St.
Pancras is going to turn out to be one of the biggest failures of
all time.

Why? It all seems to be going quite well so far.

All that expense and disruption so that a few businessmen can get
to Paris 10
minutes quicker?!

Well, King's Cross Thameslink desperately needs replacing, and the
Thameslink blockade is for that purpose, so it's not just about
Paris (or even Kent, given domestic services will be running too).
The problem with fitting out Midland Road station is another matter,
however...

I think its worth noting that, however, although they are currently
building the Box for a new Thameslink station at St Pancras, once the
blockade is complete, services will continue to serve Kings Cross
Thameslink.

Dave Arquati December 18th 04 10:08 PM

Mait001 wrote:

[...]

Yes... but that's because they haven't sorted out fitting out the box
yet (that's what I meant by my last sentence before).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7