London Banter

-   -   Epping vs Hainault trains (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2591-epping-vs-hainault-trains.html)

spammy December 30th 04 09:30 AM

Epping vs Hainault trains

Could someone here please help settle a petty argument I'm having with a
friend?

Central Line: I need to get to South Woodford on the Epping branch (So can
take Epping, Debden and Loughton trains) and he needs to get to Redbridge
(so can take any Hainault train).

Of course I think there are more Hainault trains; he reckons the opposite.
Who is right? Apart from spending a day counting trains, is there any way to
prove it either way?

Thanks!

Spammy

Dave Arquati December 30th 04 11:56 AM

Epping vs Hainault trains

spammy wrote:
Could someone here please help settle a petty argument I'm having with a
friend?

Central Line: I need to get to South Woodford on the Epping branch (So can
take Epping, Debden and Loughton trains) and he needs to get to Redbridge
(so can take any Hainault train).

Of course I think there are more Hainault trains; he reckons the opposite.
Who is right? Apart from spending a day counting trains, is there any way to
prove it either way?

Thanks!

Spammy

Clive's Underground Line Guides are a good place to look:
http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/central.html#services
The core service now consists of two independent components, one running
between West Ruislip and Epping (with one-third of the trains
terminating at Loughton), the other between Ealing Broadway and Hainault
(with one-third extended to Woodford until around 20:00). Outside the
peaks (and all weekend) these each run every 6-7 minutes. Between the
weekday peaks, and from 11:00 to 19:00 on Saturdays, these are
supplemented by a 20 minute service between White City and Newbury Park.
On Sundays there are 10 minutes services on the two core routes; from
12:00 to 19:00 this is supplemented by 20 minute services from North
Acton to Loughton and White City to Newbury Park.

So it looks like the numbers to South Woodford or Redbridge are the same
in the peaks; off-peak there are more to Redbridge because of those
extra trains every 20 minutes to Newbury Park. But then on Sundays it's
the same to each station.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7