Old January 8th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default York Way

York Way which forms a part of the boundary of Camden and Islington is to be
closed from 12 noon, Sunday 16 January. The closure is complete for all
vehicular traffic and pedestrians. The viaduct between the North London Line
bridge and the junction with Randalls Road is to be demolished and a new
alignment at ground level constructed and tied-in.

Old January 9th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In the message ...
"Peter Tomlin" wrote:

York Way which forms a part of the boundary of Camden and Islington is to

be
closed from 12 noon, Sunday 16 January. The closure is complete for all
vehicular traffic and pedestrians. The viaduct between the North London

Line
bridge and the junction with Randalls Road is to be demolished and a new
alignment at ground level constructed and tied-in.

Thanks for posting this. But I think the expression 'at ground level' is
rather vague in this case. AIUI the new York Way will pass beneath the new
CTRL-2 tracks into St-Pancras, but well above the canal and rail tracks
approaching Kings Cross. And presumably the part of the existing road needed
to provide access to Randell's Rd. (beside the disused 'York Way Piccadilly
Line station building) will remain (hopefully becoming a good public
observation point).

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old January 9th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder if the Yerkes building will be left alone. I've read mumblings
on alwaystouchout.com that it could be reopened.

Old January 16th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 9 Jan 2005 14:18:35 -0800, "TheOneKEA" wrote:

I wonder if the Yerkes building will be left alone. I've read mumblings
on alwaystouchout.com that it could be reopened.

LUL is currently undertaking a study to see rougly how *much* it would
cost to re-open and what the business case (if there is one) would be.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old January 16th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
I wonder if the Yerkes building will be left alone. I've read

mumblings
on alwaystouchout.com that it could be reopened.

The original station had lifts so, presumably, the exsting buildibg is
directly above the site of the platforms. If escalators were proposed
for the re-opened station a new entrance building might well be
required.

Old January 17th 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"subterraneo" wrote in message
. uk...

Given that the modern trend is to have both escalators
and lifts (for step-free access), it is not unimaginable
that the existing station building would retained for lift
access and a new building constructed for the escalators.

A mezzanine connected by escalator to the ticket office and the platforms
would be another option.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped