London Banter

-   -   Red buses (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2636-red-buses.html)

Tony Wilson January 11th 05 07:50 AM

Red buses

Of all the horrors of the early years of tendering in London, something
which really bugged me (out of all proportion if I'm honest!) was the taking
away of our red buses. This was particularly true where I lived at the time
as even the route London Buses retained were transformed into the horrendous
Bexlybus operation. It really felt like they were taking some of our London
heritage away, which is all the more sensitive when the Royal Mail tells
everybody you live in Kent.

So, I was delighted when Ken reversed the livery requirement and was
wondering...

1) What percentage of routes are now red liveried?
2) How long until they are all red? If an existing non-red operator, such as
Metrobus on the 161, has modern low-floor buses and retains the route with
existing vehicles, do they have to repaint or is it only on new bus orders?

Thanks