London Banter

-   -   Slow northbound picc into Kings X (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2649-slow-northbound-picc-into-kings.html)

Steve Fitzgerald January 16th 05 09:55 PM

Slow northbound picc into Kings X

In message , Richard J.
writes

There's a twenty mile an hour speed restriction over two set of
pointwork on the approach. The first set is the crossover to the
west/south bound and the second is a connection to the Northern
Line. The latter comes out on the City branch just south of Euston.

Has the speed limit been increased? It used to be 10 mph there.

It still is 10, ever since I passed out at least which is 3 years ago.

Brimstone January 17th 05 12:46 PM

Malcolm & Nika wrote:
"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message ,
Richard J. writes

There's a twenty mile an hour speed restriction over two set of
pointwork on the approach. The first set is the crossover to the
west/south bound and the second is a connection to the Northern
Line. The latter comes out on the City branch just south of Euston.

Has the speed limit been increased? It used to be 10 mph there.

It still is 10, ever since I passed out at least which is 3 years
ago. --

I'm glad someone pointed out how long its ben in place.

It was 20 in 1956 and stayed that way until 1984. Sometime between then and
SF joining the job (2001/2?) it was dropped to 10.