Old January 18th 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mobiles on the Tube

Are there any current plans to implement mobile phone services on the
London Underground?

What are the pros and cons of such a move?

Who would have responsibility? The contractors or TfL? Who owns the
underground radio frequencies?

Alex

Old January 18th 05, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ups.com...
Are there any current plans to implement mobile phone services on the
London Underground?

What are the pros and cons of such a move?

Who would have responsibility? The contractors or TfL? Who owns the
underground radio frequencies?

Well the biggest con is that you'd have to suffer fellow passengers' inane
"I'm on the tuuuuuuube" phone calls :-(

I thought some of the LT lines already had "leaky feeder" cables laid along
the tunnels to allow mobiles to be used. I'm sure I saw an article a few
years about this - I think it was on the Central Line. Or am I imagining all
this?

Old January 20th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A H A H is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
Are there any current plans to implement mobile phone services on the
London Underground?

What are the pros and cons of such a move?

Definitely all *cons* and *no* pros...... The London Underground (overground
sections excepted) is one of the few places left where we *do not have to
listen to* moronic: "I'm on the bus......going home to have a
baaaaath....blah, blah, blah".....tedious, mind-numbing banality etc mobile
phone conversations.

Let's NOT allow anyone to use (and abuse) their mobile on the Tube, it's the
last refuge from morons, let's keep it that way.....

(

Old January 28th 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Let's NOT allow anyone to use (and abuse) their mobile on the Tube, it's the
last refuge from morons, let's keep it that way.....

Speaking as someone who has been driving trains on the 'The Tube' for the
last 5 years I can say with some authority that is is NOT 'the last refuge
from morons,' it is the place where you are most likely to encounter them.

Chris